Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

what make of robomow, and why did you replace it ? did you sell it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

I bought a Landroid M700 a few weeks back (not installed yet) so I'm stuck with the cantilevered shelters as it arrives at the dock from the side. You can get those for under €100.

Post edited by Pique on

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bedouin79

• Registered Users Posts: 33,648 ✭✭✭✭listermint

So my mowers been on the 'no signal' blue light of dread for a few weeks. The install is effectively one big circle with a guidewire to base midway making it two big circles. Loop B is green if I put the guidewire cable into the A and B. Meaning there's degredation in loop A.

My usual tone generater, to locate splits or cuts turned up nothing. Was coming in pretty solid through the loop. So assuming it's one or more the 7 or so joins that have been made over the years in the cable finally has water ingress, I decided to bite the bullet and just rip it all up.

Zero crack but had to be done.

Bought this cable. It's the most cost effective and quality length i could find.

ECENCE Perimeter Wire Compatible... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06X1BT9NJ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Tore out entire part of loop A up to the guide wire. Sure enough theres around 7 or 8 joins. Had done some fixes over the years from stray gardening cuts etc. Didn't realize there was so many.

Spent 3 hours today laying in the new wire. Had roughly 1.5 meters of the entire roll left , so was cutting it pretty fine 😆 .

Anyway solid green signal now and she's back in business. There's only the one join at the guide wire split now so overall a more robust install and filled that join with more dielectric grease than you could shake a stick at to prevent future contamination.

Happy out. Backs sore though 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 18 markiid

The navimow 1500 looks like a great system if it works well. One concern is the 4g, anybody know how that works exactly? 4g signal in my area is poor at best, so not sure it would suit?

Has anybody found any irish suppliers for it yet that will have them for april/may?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Decided it was about time I built a permanent home for the mower. It's only been a few years. Always putting it off. Cost me zero as it's stuff left over from odd jobs around the house and in laws etc.

Put some feet on to prevent rot. Haven't decided if il paint it a different colour or not. This colours prefinished t and g torn out of an old ceiling in the brother's house.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dutch Roll

^^ this looks great. Might do the same myself.

Spent a few hours yesterday getting robochop back in action, laid boundary wire around a couple of new islands, new blades and away he went.

Any thoughts on this? Landroid that'll do 2000 sqm. Seems like a good price...

https://www.myrobotcenter.eu/en/worx-landroid-l2000-wr155e-2022

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Redlim

The 4G signal would be used for app control, e.g. adjusting the virtual boundary, the cutting schedule, cutting height etc. Perhaps your signal might be ok outdoors?

As an aside, I received a mail from Robocleaners saying delivery will now be delayed till May as Segway have informed them they are being impacted by the war and COVID. Robocleaners also mentioned that other brands will also have delays with their 2022 models.

Post edited by Redlim on

Not sure yet.

I've about 1000 sqm currently being covered very well by a McCulloch Rob1000, and another 900 sqm I'm cutting manually like a caveman.

My options are to get another bot to cover the extra 900 and have two of them on the go, or get a bigger one to do it all and sell the Rob1000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Two smaller v one large would be my preference.

Same. Keep it as basic as possible. The dumbest simple machines possible. Constantly out just mulching off the top. You'll have a great finish. Dont need any of the fancy stuff or 4G. It's all stuff to go wrong tbh. At worst you have to replace a battery after a few years.

I'd get another cheap one for the second. Infact I'm thinking of a rob600 for my other lot that I'm manually mowing and I hate doing it.

Yea I agree on the simplicity. I don't care about gps or 4g or an app or anything like that. I just noticed that 2000 sqm Landroid that I linked above at what looked like a good price. Im not bothered by any advanced features it has.

Landroid L1000 or 2000 sqm for only €250 more...am I missing something...?

Perhaps there just isn't the demand for the larger lawns and so the bigger capacity machines are priced more keenly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Bear in mind that you can buy Worx strimmers/drills/etc. that use the same battery and so you can buy a spare battery easier than most/all other systems. That's eventually what made me go with the Landroid over the ROB1000 or the Gardena Sileno options.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭bunderoon

I've gone for the 2000sqm one myself. Ordered it in November with it was 1200e.

Due to global chip issue, it has been delayed which isnt a big deal as it is off season. They tell me it will ship now on the 11th of April.

Going by online reviews, its well worth the price. I have about 1700sqm of lawns in 3 areas so I'll go and do what others have done and lay separate zones and have a wireless switch to flip between. Otherwise, I can see this bot doing a very long travel around the loop before it gets to zone 2 and again for zone 3 before it starts cutting.

Yea it's €1249 now on pre-order. Might pull the trigger on it, and try to sell the Rob1000 on to a loving new home.

Was just reading that it has a rain sensor. Does this mean it won't cut in the rain?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭randombar

Just a tip for the Landroids on here.

Picked up the spikes there a couple of weeks back.

Has made some difference, going from stuck 5 times a day to once every few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

That's correct. If it's raining it won't leave the charging station or if it's starts to rain while out cutting it will return back to base.

There's actually a toggle in the app to turn off the rain sensor. So you can tell it to ignore rain or turn off or extend the rain delay.

thanks for that. I did come across this on a youtube review. Will definitely look at getting that.

How has yours held up with the weight (or lack of) on the front? Did you need to add anything extra to the front?

Not at the moment and have an extra battery on the back too.

Nice. Do you mind sharing how you did that? Wired into parallel and then the charger just thinks it charging the additional capacity as a total overall?

That's pretty much it, bought a worx battery and cheap charger. Broke open the battery to feed a positive and negative to the charger. Then can slot the original worx battery into a charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Would anyone know what the red light on the changing base means on the Ambrogio twenty elite means? A break in the wire perhaps? I can’t find the instructions anywhere 🤦‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

so many machines mentioned in here....

Im after one but to many machines...

Is local best way to buy?? Warranty and all that....you all seem to be having trouble with boundary wire...is this cuz of poor install on your parts or what? If buy local will they do this or must do oneself?

What is best machine? I have a front and back...I'd rather just 1 machine I think....

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Fingallion

For most worx landroids, the motors and blade deck specifications are identical... the ground speed is the same also.... the only difference is the battery. That's my experience.... perhaps it's not the case at the very top end, I don't know.

I own an M1000 and and additionally purchased an S300 for a separate area... if I put the 4Ah battery from the M1000 into the S300 (which I have) it does precisely the same job in precisely the same time frame... albeit without the cut to edge function which is no huge issue (the S300 has the blade deck in the centre).

Its appears to be a bit of brand upselling opportunity really... the more expensive units come with more wire and bigger batteries... no other apparent difference of note. (You can actually buy the same spec wire at Screwfix for a fraction of the price too). In hindsight, had I known this before my initial purchase, I would have simply bought the cheapest Landroid and separately a high capacity battery (some wire from Screwfix) and saved a few hundred quid in the process.

• Advertisement

Oh this is an interesting development. I assumed that the larger capacity machines were bigger and/or travelled faster to cover more ground. If the only significant difference is the battery then maybe I need to re-visit my potential purchase of the L2000...

Advertisement