Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol runaround €3K or less

Options
  • 22-03-2022 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I recently had my car vandalised to the extent that it's a write-off.

Unfortunately it's a terrible time to be buying a car.

I'd intended to switch to an EV in the next few years anyway so I'm happy to buy something to tide me over for a year or two and I'm not really concerned about resell value.

Is there any value out there?

I was hoping for something comfortable, reliable and still a little bit of fun to drive.

Fuel consumption isn't that big a deal, taxation either within limits.

I was looking at old Honda Accords and Merc C Class, but haven't seen much.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not much in the way of value out there these days, even the biggest buckets of shite seem to have a 2k minimum asking price now.

What about a Saab 9-5 Aero?

Advert description gives alot of detailed work done which gives the impression it is owned by a bit of a Saab enthusiast which is a good thing. 260bhp makes it interesting if you don't mind the 1k motor tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Aongus Von Heisenberg

That's lovely, nice one. Probably should have said I'm in Dublin. But might see about getting someone down that way to check out for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Sucks that some I won't say what did that to your car. Sorry.

How about a coupe?

2007 320i coupe new nct for sale in Dublin for €2,950 on DoneDeal

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Good shout Hoodie, cheers. I'll check that out. Anything in particular to look out for on 3 series from that era?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is there a way of sorting finances to go EV now? 5eres no point in buying a piece of junk that’s going to break your heart

• Advertisement

I'm buying a house so I can charge in driveway. Until then I'm parking on street so an EV isn't feasible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Not 100% familiar with them but a guy in work a few years ago had one and had nothing but praise for it.

They will be thirsty by today's standards.

Just check the usuals, engine oil, service history, any rust etc.

Parkers has some pretty recent owners reviews too

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Thanks a million for all the help everyone.

I ended up getting an 07 Accord. Very happy with it.

Advertisement