Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urea And slurry

Options
  • 20-03-2022 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

How long after spreading urea can you spread watery slurry? Spread urea on Tuesday was washed in Tuesday afternoon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

At least 7 days for spreading urea after slurry, so probably similar in reverse - as long as the urea has fully dissolved.

Post edited by funkey_monkey on

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Think it is a week but I've spread slurry got lads only a few days after they spread fert

...farmers should leave seven days between slurry and urea spreading.

Farmers should spread slurry first, he said, to allow the slurry to absorb into the ground first and to avoid covering the urea granule with slurry.

“The problem with spreading slurry after urea is that the slurry coats the urea granules and stops it from working.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭greek88

Ya I always spread slurry first and left it a out 10 days and went with the urea. The problem I had was when spreading slurry I left about 5 acres out as was too wet to travel. I spread the urea on it anyway as I knew there was rain and this dry spell to follow. I can now travel the ground with the tanker. I'll leave it til the weekend anyway or until rain is forecast again. Fert is crazy now to be just spreading it and hoping for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mechatronical

Out of interest is the same for spreading chemical fertilizer and urea as in you leave the urea for a few days after the chemical fertilizer?

• Advertisement

Don't know that, but I would probably wait until one is dissolved before going with the other.

Done a quick google and seen this from Canada:

Urea should not be mixed with ammonium calcium nitrate (CAN), KCl, SSP or TSP.

Urea can be mixed with most other fertilizers but fertilizer mixtures containing urea should be applied immediately after mixing. Do not store fertilizer mixtures containing urea.

Advertisement