Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Time to charge at public charge point

Options
  • 21-03-2022 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi so new to the EV world. Have a Peugeot e2005 with a 50Kw battery. Went for a drive over the weekend and pulled into the Apple Green garage on the M1 to top up the battery.

Plugged into a AC43 type 2 connector charger for 30 mins and came back thinking I would have received a decent charge top up.

Found I had only charged with 3.4Kw at a cost of €1.04.

What did I do wrong, I am pretty sure I used the fast charger (device ID is 5125012) ???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 CantCatchCovid

You want the DC charger not the AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,265 ✭✭✭✭ted1

use the CCS. Few cars , yours included can charge fast on AC. On AC you’ll need Bly get the same speed as on your driveway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭zg3409

Use the bigger cable next time. You may have to remove a plastic cover from the bottom of yours cars charge port to fit the bigger connector.

I would advise you to do more research and if you intend going on a long trip plan your stops and allow time for busy, blocked and broken chargers.

Typycalky it's fastest to charge your car to 80% then move on, not 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Aidan No1

Thanks all for the replies, did not even know about the AC/DC connector. Never noticed the plastic cover on the charger. See it there now. Every day a school day. As I said complete rookie so learning on the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Another useful lesson: the power of the motor and the speed of charging is in kW, but the capacity of the battery is in kWh!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Out of curiosity, did the dealership cover any of this? Or the seller if you bought privately?

The salespeople should really sit every new driver down and explain the basics of how the car drives, and how to use different chargers

I remember when I got the Leaf the Nissan salesman brought the car over to their DC charger and showed me how to plug in and use it. Probably saved me a few minutes of stressed out googling

At the very least they could do a few video guides to send to new customers

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Advertisement