Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CycleCare in Halfords

• 18-03-2022 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi Guys

What are people's opinions on CycleCare in Halfords, I see it's €30 per year is it worth doing?

Plus would it be covered by the Work to Bike scheme if u purchasing it along with a new bike?

Any responses are appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Its as good as the mechanic doing it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What kind of mileage are you doing on your bike?

What maintenance can you do yourself?

Personally I would not pay a subscription fee for bike maintenance with Halfords or anyone else. Whilst some of Halfords' car and bike mechanics are good at what they do, many of them are clueless and I wouldn't trust them to even pump up a tyre.

I liked their booking in system. Until they outsourced it and it's impossible to use last time I tried.

Local bike shop ive to ring endlessly to get a bike back. Got too annoying.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

What does it include? Knowing none of the details, you have no guarantee they will have a good mechanic (even if they have one now), which makes it all a bit pointless. I would say get in to the habit of doing it yourself, and if you have any room left on your B2W, get some basic tools for maintenance.

You only know if you get a good mechanic in any shop based on experience. That's true of a LBS as it of Halfords.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Halfords tend to have a higher turn over of staff though, more likely if you get a good one in a LBS they will still be there next time, less so in Halfords.

Also means a bad over stays longer in the LBS :)

Advertisement