Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddi wiring Dual Element Immersion

Options
  • 16-03-2022 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Can anyone with a Dual Element Immersion send a pic of your Eddi wiring install inside the unit?

Wondering if the shared neutral/earth need to be split for heater1/heater2.

Created a MyEnergi forum post also but can't post links. Its in the Eddi -> Installation Help forum. Would be good to get this wiring diagram in the manual

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭connesha

Link the neutrals together at the Eddi.

Put the earth into one of the terminals.

(that's how mine was done)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Dual element immersion is covered in manual:

L1/L2 as per diagram.

N is common to both elements and contains common stat for both. You can see from diagram that there is continuity between both N terminals on eddi, so doesn't matter which you connect to.

E is same. Doesn't matter which one you connect to.

I am not a electrician so suggest you get a REC to install for you if you are not competent doing it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BobbyNuggets

Thanks for the info. Didn't spot that in the wiring diagram.

Another thing that came into my head. In this type of setup with a single immersion. As it only has the one stat do people set the bath as priority during the summer months and the sink priority in winter?

Obviously if you have a 2 immersion setup you can leave always top as the priority and if max temp reached it'll start heating the rest(bottom/bath)

but the fact there is only one stat if left this way the stat would claim max temp reached(from heating the top/sink) so bath/bottom would never start going. Is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭connesha

As for pattern, I guess people will have different ways. I just had it on bath priority all the time, and in bad weather (when solar won't do much water heating) use the bath boost timer on a cheaper/night/ev rate the night before, so that there is a decent amount of water up to high temperature fairly cheap before the day starts. My cylinder is not particularly big, maybe would do something different if had a larger cylinder

If needed to manual boost during the day, would boost the sink (although I've re-purposed the second output of the Eddi now, so can't do that anymore)

RE how the stat works, yea that's right. If one gets gets up to temp, the other won't kick in..

Advertisement