Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belin Woods, Newbridge, Kildare; New Development

Options
  • 09-03-2022 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi All, 

Starting a new thread for the new development, ‘Belin Woods’ in Newbridge, Kildare by Glenveagh homes.

We have went sale agreed on a home here based on plans. We’ve been told this phase of homes should be ready in June/July 2022.

And that show homes should be ready in April 2022.

Is anyone here booked in for the phase 1 launch of these houses in Belin Woods?

Good to stay connected & please share if you have any updates on the builds. Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LordXDarkness

Depends on the gaff lad

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bwnk

Hi, just came across this. Also booked in for phase 1. Looking forward to any updates people may have. I haven't heard anything further

• Registered Users Posts: 25 HouseEater

Location looks really nice. However I would have some concerns about the close proximity of the river and insurance companies been less reliant to give out flood insurance these days. Might be something to keep in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 srk_kangaroo

That’s a very good point, definitely something to watch out for. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Ive actually seen a post on facebook just this week indicating that people cant draw down the mortgage based on the flood risk

Thanks for sharing!

Was that on the Newbridge Residents FB page? I just looked it up there, thanks for pointing it out.

I was reading a few discussions on there about it. One person said they were able to get insurance that included flood cover with Arachas. It seems like there’s hope!

I’ll contact the selling agent anyway and see what they say. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LordXDarkness

IN MY OPINION.

the largest, most innovative and trusted builder in this country would not risk their whole business building on a dodgey site.

building standards are not the same as 10/20years ago and modern computer simulation on a site like this will allow correct planning and systems to be put in place to prevent a disaster.

if you look at the planning permission you can see details outlined there on this topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cdn16

Just reserved a house on The Drive today. When I checked about the dates for show houses and final release, I received a rather standard response from the agents, that they'll inform us as soon as they have more details.

Anyone has any concerns about the proximity of a cemetery to the estate? Maybe we're overthinking. Just curious to know other's thoughts on this.

Thanks

Congrats! Yes, we’ve been told that the show house should be ready in May. We’ve been watching the development for a few months now and it seems to be flying up. So fingers crossed it’s all going to plan.

And no concerns about the cemetery; If anything, they’re ‘quiet neighbours!’ My partner grew up right around the corner from there and never had any issues anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭mike_2009

Checked planning as I'd also heard about flooding risk there -

Planning submitted by Ardstone Homes Ltd - granted 26/09/2018 file no. 18302141 - see for yourself

Planning was granted and Condition 11 deals with water supply and drainage but there's NO document addressing this planning condition 11 in the list of submissions. You will find some detail in the planning application itself, page 78. they are draining surface water out into the Liffey!!! Three drainage catchment areas, attenuation tanks and they list the flow they can deal up to.

IN MY OPINION you're still on a flood plain & if the liffey gets too high where is all the water meant to go?! Are there any flood defences along the Liffey being planned or built? Get Professional Advice and ask hard questions before signing anything. IF there is a flood event you'll be left with a hard sell and no future flood insurance possible.

Looks like a nice estate otherwise!!

Edit: try www.floodinfo.ie for worst case events.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cdn16

Thanks @mike_2009. I didn't know such a website existed.

Though this can be really concerning, historically speaking, how often does the Liffey overflow/flood? Curious to know...

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭mike_2009

There a flood spot warning just down the road (road impassable as a result) already outside the leisure center that has history - you can view the alert on the map using that same site. The plans have the houses set back from the river but I'm not sure how high the river banks are. Plus they excavate to build, not the other way around so if you are sitting in the middle of a bulge and the river forces it way into that area, it could flood a good few houses if the drainage can't cope with the influx / the discharge pipes are reached by the river!

Is it likely? Very good question. If you believe climate breakdown is real, then we can expect warmer and wetter weather. And more frequent and extreme weather events unfortunately. I'd want a house built on stilts! You can buy flood barriers fr your house but it should be the developer to deals with this properly, not the homeowner.

The map above shows a scenario where the river passes through the new estate in a low probability event - the map is based on elevation though and that now been altered with the development, so how that water will affect specific rows of houses is the question. It won't be like the map above.....

You could be lucky and go years without an event, decades though and I wouldn't want to take that bet.

That said I'm NO expert - on a good day you have a lovely river view / walkway all to yourselves which I would envy. It's just being woken up at 1am by the fire brigade and told to evacuate NOW is the picture in my head on the other side of that lovely postcard......

• Registered Users Posts: 5 paulie06

Hi this is a great idea. We have also signed up to this development but not sure what Phase. Have you a phase plan?

We’re in Phase 1 I think; Everything that has been sold until now is Phase 1 is my understanding. I think Phase 2 will begin to be sold once show houses are ready.

Just got an update to say our house isn’t expected to finish until August or later. And that show homes are now expected to be ready next month. All subject to how quick they can put down paths and external landscaping etc.

First homes along ‘the view’ are ready to snag but they’re being delayed by electricity and water not being put in yet.

Thanks for coming back. I have been dealing with the agent but they are saying July, who are you speaking with? We have purchased No. 24 on the View, which plot are you?

Oh okay, you might be getting in sooner than us. It’d be great to hear how you get on, if you do get in by July!

We’ve bought on ‘the Heights.’ We’ve been dealing with Shannon and Anthony, they’ve been very helpful.

We reserved the house back in January. When did you?

Same here, be talking to Shannon, she has been brilliant.

We reserved back in January as well.

Will reach out to Glenveagh to see if I can get any update from them. Will keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dzdz

Hi all,

Has anyone one been able to secure home insurance cover including flood cover? If so could you PM me the insurer you used?

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KillerKlown1988

Hi All,

Not a boards user but came across this thread and decided to join.

My partner and I have reserved a property in Belin Woods, hoping to be in by the end of the year if all goes well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 DC2895

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone been able to get home insurance for Belin Woods, including the flood cover please?

Currently try to get insurance, and none of the providers I have contacted include for it.

Please advise.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RMN1

Hi everyone ,

Nice to find such a thread here and decided to join ,we reserved our home today along The Lawns ,according to Shannon (agent) property to be ready Q4 of 2022 ,no show house available for it yet ,not sure which phase is it.I hope things go according to plan and be completed on time.

Hi all 👋 Just got an email this afternoon about viewing the show houses on Saturday 18th June. Exciting times!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ruchie

Hello everyone...thanks for initiating this thread....we have booked a house in heights and this Saturday 18 the long awaited viewing we got ..anyone viewing around 11 am?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KillerKlown1988

I'm viewing at 11am, booked a house on the Way

Great ...hope to See you there...would you mind sharing your name n no.?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lacee1986

Latest prices

Has anyone been invited in for snagging yet? Spoke with Glenveagh and they are saying end of August for The Views.

Not from what I know. They’re still waiting on water connections. I think the first round of snagging is hopefully going to happen by end of July.

• Advertisement

Anyone mind sharing which is best insurance prvider for the properties?

Advertisement