Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lucid Air

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭10-10-20

2.3 tonnes of a machine, mostly batteries, 141Wh/km. hmmm.

You gotta wonder when the balance will be achieved in terms of range vs weight as it's such a massive factor in terms of the vehicle efficiency (and road-surface wear). Maybe we'll see taxation based on kerb-weight in time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Lucid plans to enter European markets this year

Lucid plans to enter European markets this year (rte.ie)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

800km range at 70mph, 145wh/km

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That's incredible. Not even the most efficient Tesla Model 3 or Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh would be able to match that. I guess the best in the world 0.2 Cd is responsible here and the huge weight of the car makes not much difference if you can drive at a reasonably constant speed at quiet motorways.

Not that efficiency is important in EVs with big batteries. It really doesn't matter...

118kWh battery make quite the difference as well as they force warm up the battery prior to test (in Arizona).

But, all that aside, savage range, has anyone done similar test on the Plaid which is nearest competitor.

This is why RSymons's tests are so good, multiple cars on same day so all road conditions the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

Unless somebody remakes the Schlörwagen that ought to be relatively unbeatable. A fully autonomous hyper efficient model could be a good taxi. If autonomous taxis are ever permitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

That's loopy, sure the old Model S long range was 350miles+, don't think the 21" did that test any favours

• Registered Users Posts: 21,358 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Phenomenal range. That's Ioniq28 levels of efficiency with over 4X the capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Came across this review this evening. And now I want one.

Love the plates on the Lucid Air Dream Edition 😁

Production values of that video are insane. Think all the money behind Top Gear / The Grand Tour and then some. Amazing stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Ever likely to be sold here?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Advertisement