Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Audi A6 (2019) - Drive System Fault

• 22-03-2021 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Getting lots of error lights lately, main beam assist / lane departure warning / audi pre sense etc when I switch on the ignition. But they all clear if I switch it back off again for a few mins. At the weekend I was driving along and gears start dropping down and I got a new warning 'Drive System Fault. Lost all power and it went into crawl mode, where I got it to a safe place and switched off ignition. Switched back on again then and it was grand.

Contact Audi this morning and they told me they will take it back in to look at it but it's almost certainly becuase it isnt been driven enough. Fair - I'm not doing my usual hour long commute but it's been driven every second day for at least 15-20 minutes each time. Sounds like a odd thing to say that it's not been driven enough? Any thoughts ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭ongarite

Low battery voltage can cause havoc with modern car electrical systems.
    Battery could be getting run down from lack of use & repeated short stop/start journeys instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭i_steal_sheep

That could make sense actually - because the fans run for a few mins each time I get home and apparently that can be a killer for battery too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭ongarite

That could make sense actually - because the fans run for a few mins each time I get home and apparently that can be a killer for battery too

Car is trying to do a DPF regen, take it out for a longer drive.

ongarite wrote: »
    Car is trying to do a DPF regen, take it out for a longer drive.

5K Loops. No problem :-D

Thanks for your advice Ongarite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭rodge123

Was this diagnosed in the end? Happened me in 2019 A6 today, drive system malfunction and loss of power while driving. Turned car off and error gone and driving fine after.

Cant be lack of driving, car gets plenty of driving, mixture of long and short journeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭blingrhino

i regularly get the Audi pre sense message/auto dip lights etc but always goes away.

gets 600km of driving every week !

Mentioned it before to Audi and they said its a software update - but it comes back frequently

Yeah I occasionally get that pre sense message too and disappears.

This drive system malfunction is more worrying seen as car lost lot of power while in middle of driving.

Ill plug in the obd device and see what it says out of curiosity. Quick google shows that can be as simple as a one off misfire and sorts itself out.

Fault hasn’t reappeared in 100kms roughly. OBD showing it as a turbo/supercharger underboost.

Advertisement