Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best app to use chargers (Kia eSoul)

• 10-03-2022 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Hello,

So, I did now go for an EV, a 2019 eSoul (one with the then-new 450km range). I pick it up in a bot over a week but I want to be ready for it.

Could you please advise the best app that would let me find, use, and pay for all the applicable chargers in Ireland? Ideally all of Ireland, including NI.

The man at the dealer said he used PlugShare. Another option I see online is eCar connect. There probably are others. I don't want to be tied to any one charger provider, and I do notice this eSoul supports fast DC charging as well as the regular AC connection - but apparently only draws 7 kW from the AC one, not the 22 kW that most AC chargers support. So, rapid DC is kinda essential wherever I can find it on the road.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

If you only want one app, EasyGo also covers ESB ecars, but it's cheaper to use the ESB ecars app instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭MichaelR

I don't want to be limited to ESB - does this mean I will need several apps? And I hope they won't fight over NFC access to the same charger?

In particular I need access to EasyGo and also to GOcharge. (GOcharge have a point in Borrisoleigh, Tipperary, and I visit there sometimes)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

You can use the ESB charge point access card to start and stop ESB ecars charge points instead of an app.

Then you can use the EasyGo app when using EasyGo charge points. I'm not familiar with GOcharge. Unless their charge points are covered by EasyGo you will need to download their app as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

In the same way I can’t use my circle k fuel card in apple green, you’ll need an app for each particular provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭ffocused

You could sign up with kiacharge.com as you drive a Kia.

It covers Ionity & ESB in Ireland and is billed monthly.

The easy tarrif does not have a monthly charge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement