Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving solar panels for velux windows

Options
  • 10-03-2022 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Thinking about getting solar panels installed, but we might convert our attic at some point in the future.

Do I need to have a good idea of where any velux windows will go, and avoid putting panels on those spots? Trouble is we don't know where we might break out windows if ever.

How costly would it be to move the panels if we need to shift them for the veluxes at a later point? Would you trust a building contractor to do it, or would i be getting the solar crowd back to move them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Simpler solution, put velux on other side of roof without solar panels?

I'd have a good chat with the solar installer about it, if you get your maths right you might be able to leave a couple of gaps for the veluxes to be installed later so there's no messing about

Personally I wouldn't trust the builder to remove the panels unless they have experience in this area, might be worth checking with builders before as part of the tender

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Advertisement