Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best equipment for videoing hurling matches (for analysis)

• 10-03-2022 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there is anyone on here who is recording matches for their teams and would have any recommendations on the best equipment to use for a beginner. I don't want to spend big money on it as it is only an idea at this stage and would only be for my own team. Recommendations for video editing software would also be appreciated if I ever get to that level.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Record the footage yourself and use an external crowd to do the analysis/data. Way better in this day-and-age rather than you chopping up clips etc.

For basic stuff your club could get a deal for €500 for a full season for lower level analysis and it’s worth it in place of doing all the other stuff yourself, honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭BnB

I hadn't really thought of that Callaway. As we're a small club and I'm only really flirting with the idea for now and I am only really focused on any recommendations people have RE a good value camera to record with.

But now that you've said it, it's actually interesting to hear that you can get analysis done for as cheap as that once you have your video.

Ya - We’ll put it like this.

All of the top sports teams in the world use external providers now. The company I’m with now have a heap of Intercounty and Club teams now as clients too.

Their analysts can do their actual role now and analyse the data rather than recording the footage and all themselves and going through all of the clipping etc.

Thwy can still do some manual analysis (ie individual player watching), but for normal analysis, leave it to the providers who’ll be contracted to have reports within x hours of receipt of the match footage.

Easily readable and understandable and tells a story of the match, rather than you trying to create reports and other data points that will take a heap of effort.

It’s genuinely worth the money and it still shocks me when I hear of some teams not having any decent level of analysis now.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Any recommendations companies who do this analysis? PM me if needed.

I’ll send you a pm anyway

EDIT: I think I’ve sent that with example attachments - Not sure if it worked on this newer version of the site

• Advertisement
Advertisement