Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hawkins Wood, Greystones: To buy or not to buy

• 09-03-2022 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

House prices in Dublin and adjoining areas have reached all time high. A 3 bed end terrace house in Hawkins Wood is costing roughly €520k! Do you think is it worth investing so much amount of money for a 3 bed house in Greystones? What do you think how long the property prices will keep on increasing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DonnieFrank

How much are they asking for 3 Bed end of terrace vs Semi-D?

Heard mid terrace are 490K which is under HTB.

But wasn't all sold? Is it cancellations that they are calling?

Regarding prices, it seems the new norm going forward at least till the bubble bursts.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AySeeDoubleYeh

They only had 4(!) mid terraces available under HTB in the first wave, and they were all gone by 10am. This despite the first appointments being at 10am that morning....

As for whether or not it represents value, that really depends on how far you'd be stretching yourself in terms of the deposit/furnishing and monthly payments. The price will almost certainly go up midterm, so if you can afford it and aren't looking to jump ship ~5 years from now then go for it. Sure it'll go up in value once the 2nd wave is released 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 3 anky210690

yeah, there's no transparency as such how these guys release appointments or allocate houses, especially HTB houses!

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭you2008

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

My cousin got a 3-bed end of terrace for 495k last week.

• Advertisement

@Smouse156 are you sure your cousin got an end terrace under 500K?

I was told 510K, my friends were told 520K for Semi-D and End Terrace?

@AySeeDoubleYeh there were only 2 mid terraces released during this phase if iam right? - number 25 and 24... What are the other 2 mid terraces that you were referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

Yes I’m 100% sure! I’m not going to post the number but it was 495k so he can get HTB. Only thing I will say is the garden aspect wasn’t south facing

@Smouse156 thanks for confirming. I think I know that one end terrace house which was just under 500K. That's cos it shares it's side entrance (common side entrance) with the few other mid terrace houses.

Anyways good for your cousin. :) Wish I can get one at least next phase! Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cdn16

That’s amazing! We had a viewing appointment today and we’ve reserved a 3-bed terraced house for 515k. The gardens are really narrow and small. I’m not an engineer but, the build quality seems really good. Bedrooms are really spacious.

@DonnieFrank did you manage to get a house this time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Greeny666

I reserved a 3 bed terraced house for 515k too, it said should be available in Aug to Sep?

Congratulations… So we’ll be neighbours! 😉

That’s what the EA mentioned about the dates. If everything goes as planned, the houses should be handed over by September.

By the way, which house did you book? Is it on the Drive?

@cdn16 yes managed to book a house from a previous phase cancellation and it was above 500 so no htb. Is yours end terrace or mid terrace?

Is it in Avenue or Drive?

Thanks @cdn16 , mate. My house is on the Drive, and you? I think we should be really close as just 4 mid terraced houses are 515k, others are 510K

By the way, can i ask a stuff for manhole? my solicitor just told me this is real possibility that a manhold located on my property, not sure it is wastewater manhole or cable manhole. do you know anything about it? any influence for the life?

Post edited by Greeny666 on

We just signed our contracts this week. Our solicitor did mention about a clause that gives builders the permission to install/construct common infrastructure like poles, ESB boxes, manholes wherever they want without causing any hindrance to access your property. I doubt we can do anything about it. Not sure if this impacts your insurance premiums though.

@Greeny666 which house number did your solicitor point for the manholes?

my solicitor said all manholes are built randomly on all property, Not a specific plan now, as the phase 2 are not completed

And also ESB mini station, ESB mini station will be in the front of the property and drain manhole will be in the garden.

Advertisement