Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

This is going to hurt BBC 1

• 09-03-2022 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭

This is supposed to be a comedy drama, a bit less comedy and a lot of drama. Its about a Obs/Gynae Reg in a very busy hospital. I just can't see any comedy in it at all, his personal life is a mess, and he goes through so much harrowing stuff at work, long shifts, being sued. I just want him to a have a good nights sleep some night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

and how is this going to hurt BBC1 ?🙃

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭pjdarcy

It's a comedy?? That's bizarre. The subject matter is pretty grim

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭cozar

deleted my comment by mistake :(

Its advertised as a comedy/drama, but no laughter in it for me, and its going to get even darker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Really enjoyed the book, Didn't make it through the first episode. Don't get the raving reviews atall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

It'd be strange to say I 'enjoyed' it, a lot of the stories hit as have heard similar from friends in medicine here in Ireland, so it's not just an NHS thing. Grim viewing overall though, it was well done, but a comedy would probably be an unfair description!

Would recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,988 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I suppose telling us what it's called is out of the question?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

its called "This is going to hurt" on BBC 1 as per thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

• Registered Users Posts: 32,988 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Thread title just tells me that something is going to hurt BBC1.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

The Book was a brilliant LOL easy read... wife read on a plane to america. As funny as it was, it had some very sobering moments. Last few pages were just draw dropping. I remember reading it and thinking it would make a good series. Haven't watched it yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

The name of the programme is "This is going to hurt"

It's an interesting watch.

If there's a season 2 I'd watch it but at same time it's not a programme I'd recommend. I like medical dramas but it can be abit slow and hard going.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭pjdarcy

That's a weird coincidence, I only caught the second half of an episode of MASH last night (hadn't seen it in years). The gags are very dated now but MASH had way more comedy than pathos. "This is going to hurt" is the complete opposite. I've seen three episodes and I can't remember laughing once...but maybe that's just down to my sense of humour. Having said that, I'm still enjoying the series as a work of drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

I enjoyed the book, made me laugh a lot although the subject is no laughing matter.

The TV series is a different offering though, found the first few non-entertaining; have enjoyed the last few though. Its way more serious and grim then the book. Think quite a few of the characters are exaggerated in the TV show

Advertisement