Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Navan Road Club - 2022 Races

Options
  • 31-01-2022 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

Hi all,

Navan Road Club are pleased to host the Seamus Kennedy Memorial cycling road race on the 6th March 2022. This year will see the race take place on the roads near Nobber, Co. Meath, rather than the usual circuit of previous years.

The circuit to to be used for the race can be found here:

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/38393817

It is a 22km circuit. After the final lap of the circuit has been completed in each racing category, racers will turn right and head back towards the middle of Nobber where the finish line will be located.

The race HQ will be Nobber GAA club, which can be found at this location:

https://goo.gl/maps/8tuQfwQJeUgmZtkE7

Eircode A82 FE08

Race HQ will be open from 9am on the day of the race. 

The race is open to the following categories:

A4 - 3 Laps - 66kms - Race Start 10am.

Women - 3 Laps - 66kms - Race Start 10am (after A4 have rolled out)

A3/Junior - 4 Laps - 88kms - Race Start 1pm.

A1 + A2 - 5 Laps - 110kms - Race Start 1pm (after A3 have rolled out, note that A1/A2 will be a combined race, no seperate race for either category).

Prize giving for A4/Women will happen straight after their respective races.

Prize giving for A3/Jnr + A1/A2 will happen after the finish of the A1/A2 race. 

We hope to see as many of you as possible on the day.

The eventmaster link to enter is here - https://eventmaster.ie/event/7m5dtyeFdv

If you have any questions then please post them here or DM me and I'll try to answer them. Also note that I will update this thread with other races that we will be holding for the year. Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Brilliant to see women's only races being put on, fair play.

I hope to recover enough to do it next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭burger1979

Thanks eeeee, spread the word amongst fellow riders if you can, want to see as many women out as possible.

Hi Folks,

Well the first race run by the club has come and gone. Great weather for it, although sometimes you do miss watching the riders go off into the freezing rain and snow of previous years.

Anyway, I am looking for feedback on the race. Sign on, facilities, after race refreshments, the circuit, length of each race etc. Anything at all really, just let me know here or via PM.

And to those who turned up and raced.....................THANK YOU.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Did the A4. Really enjoyed it despite being last over the line :-) A small group of us took a wrong turn on the first lap but everyone got back on so not really an issue. Think that was more to do with misreading what the Marshal was saying.

Felt pretty safe in general (not always the case with A4). Moto-marshalls in particular did a great job managing the bunch and keeping us safe.

Personally I liked the twisty section through the bridge near the finish but you could tell people were wary of it and it strung out the bunch. Would be sketchy in the wet but that's bike racing.

Great spread after our race and lot's of smiling faces. Thanks to all at Navan Road Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭wav1

Much better set up..location and circuit were great..not too much traffic and good stewarding..well done all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Big thanks to Navan Road Club. I've done a lot of their races over the years and they've always been exceptionally well run. This one was no exception. New circuit worked very well. Nice mixture of fast roads and draggy bits where you could force it if you wanted to. Was mildly trepidatious about the narrow bridge less than 1km from the finish, but it was grand in practice. You had good visibility through the bend and could take a clean line.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭dahat

What were the numbers like for each race?

Thanks for the comments folks. @Chips Lovell we were a little worried about that bridge/road setup, I've ridden it but never gone at race pace in a bunch around it...but it worked out well. Hopefully we might have anew circuit for the race in May too.

@dahat rough numbers A1/A2 - 68no, A3 - 43no, Women - 38no, Junior - 20no, A4 - 48no. Was very happy about the womens race numbers, as great to see a big bunch of them racing around.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

We'll turn up for a women's only race! A 'if we have the numbers yes if not in with the A3/4's' not so much. Myself included!

I heard the race went very well, congrats!

Advertisement