Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling gold

• 06-03-2022 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭

I have seen some threads referring to companies that can be used in Ireland for buying physical gold.

I am wondering, how do people sell their physical gold, for example, if you have 10g of 99.9% Carat gold how do you sell it. How much commission?

Interested on how it's done...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭arthursway

I used to always use bullionbypost. Found them flawless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭leinster93

Thank you for your advice.

I am looking at this also on how much the charges would be for selling.

Bullion post willbuy the gold back at 97% the value.

Anyway, bullionpost are not buying back at the moment. They're based in Birmingham and secure arrangements have to be made for delivering the gold to them has to be arranged. I'd say this would cost a bit...

Bullion post have the following notice -

Sell your Gold and Silver - Available soon!.

We are working hard to make sure that everything is in place, following the new EU trade regulations, to buy back your gold and silver coins and bars. We aim to restore this service as soon as possible.

Once the sell back option is available, please contact our customer service to lock the price of your items. Until then, you can still get a quote for the value of your items using our sell back page according to the live market price.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭arthursway

I remember merrion gold in Dublin also would buy back and you could drive it to them/courier with it being in the country.

Give them a shout and see.

As far as fees there should be none they make their cut by buying back at a few percent under slot price then reselling for a few percent over spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭ling-zing

gold bullion ireland (dot) ie - is buying i sold some to them at 96% spot price a few weeks ago

Post edited by ling-zing on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭leinster93

How trust worthy are they. Might be useful to have a read of this trust pilot review https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/irishgoldbullion.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭notsocutehoor

It looks like there might be 2 different businesses (or are there?) - Irish Gold Bullion and Gold Bullion Ireland. Here is the trust pilot link for Gold Bullion Ireland - reviews only there since last August as far as I can see.

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.goldbullionireland.ie

goldbullionireland is the one I used

Goldcore.ie is another one, they are a registered Perth Mint dealer.

Haven't used them myself but worth a look,the selling link is buried in the guide section

https://www.goldcore.ie/buy-gold-and-silver-ireland/how-to-sell-gold-and-silver

Post edited by ling-zing on

Advertisement