Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Respect to Ukraine! any Irish going to Poland to help?

Options
  • 05-03-2022 4:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭
    EMar Sounds

We love you Ukraine! through all your troubles and pain, wish I could be there to do more.

What charities and services are working inside Ukraine right now and across the borders, in Poland?

Can't sleep thinking about this, we're on the brink of WW3, because of one ignorant murdering president.

These are dangerous times, getting involved could lead to disaster, I'd give my life for this cause.

We're witnessing the extermination of a European country, I don't know what to say, I'm sickened.

It's probably gone past the stage of politics and diplomatic solutions, sanctions are not working, putin is on a rampage to destroy Ukraine.

My prayers are with you guys.

Post edited by johnnyskeleton on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

How do u go there as a Irish citizen with no money??

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

There are two huge threads - one entitled 'Russia', and the other 'Ukraine'. You'll get a lot more info on them, rather than starting yet another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Is this what is known as "virtue signaling" on the internet?

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"any Irish going to Poland to help?" - unless you have specific skills that are in demand but are not available locally, e.g. doctor or logistics coordinator 'going to help' is more a hindrance than help.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Sounds
    EMar Sounds

@bassy Money is the last thing on my mind, and not an issue, unless Poland have lost their economy.

There are many people going to Poland to help charities near the border of Ukraine.

@StevenToast Not at all, I feel disgusted and sick about the situation, as many people across the globe.

Just saying it how it is, thankfully I live in a democracy where we have freedom of speech.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod

Not a political discussion unfortunately.

The best thing that can be done is to give money to the Irish Red Cross or similar organisation. They give money to local charities and that I think is the priority right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement