Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Steak dinner

• 28-02-2022 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Where in the city would you get a very nice steak. I usually go to fx buckleys when im in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭topcat77

my go to place for steak. Galway is sadly missing a dedicated steak house.

https://brasseriegalway.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Mc Swiggans, Number 1 hands own the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Blakes Brasserie is class for Steak

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I have heard good things about Rubin but my first thought was also Blakes brasserie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

FX Buckleys own McSwiggans. I haven't eaten there in years but the steak should be good since they bought it. I'm not aware of anywhere (other than possibly there) that does a good "Steakhouse" style steak in Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ruibin is great, not sure I've ever seen steak on the menu though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

They had filet steak on the menu the last time I ate there. I prefer a cut with nice marbling, like Ribeye.

Post edited by Cheshire Cat on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I’ve been left severely disappointed and robbed by mcswiggans steak . Another vote here for Blake’s !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Sister in law had steak in Blake's last night, said it was like butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Myself and my better half ate in Mc swiggans last year and never again. Felt like daylight robbery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭CowboyTed

Park House...

They been at it a long time...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Some nice places in Barna for a steak too

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Cpxxc

Rouge, surely? It's a very French restaurant but it's steak is marvellous. ( my terrible Speeling)

When you're in the restaurant it feels like your in Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Honestly not sure if that's a positive response or not. I like butter but I'm not sure I'd eat a fillet of butter

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

While Rouge certainly had the best steaks in town (for the price), I am quite certain they do not do dinners (i.e. steaks) at the moment - they only do bakery stuff and light lunches.

I do, however, hope they get back to doing their fab dinners !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's a good sign, means steak isn't tough or full of gristle

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Ludikrus

They do a very nice steak in the Brasserie but you’re talking nearly €40 for a steak before you even add sides. I wouldn’t pay that for a couple of reasons. Firstly, you can get a couple of fantastic cuts of steak now for a fraction of that. Secondly, steak is a relatively easy thing to cook at home. Even a novice cook should be able to serve up a steak how they like it. There’s only 3 or 4 things to get right. Lash a load of butter in the pan with it if you want to replicate the restaurant.

I’ve had steak there a few times on company coin and it’s very nice but I wouldn’t spend my own on it.

Advertisement