Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Netflix very laggy on Sony bravia

Options
  • 02-03-2022 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, as title suggests Netflix on my Sony Bravia smart tv has got very laggy to the point where it’s buffering on startup for 5 mins.

I have a tv box (minix) that I plug the Ethernet lead into and I’m getting at least 200mb speed. (virgin media).

The menu in the tv is fast and zippy so I don’t think the tv is the issue (you tube working fine for example)

Is there a way to clear Netflixs cache or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭ozmo

Fully reboot tv - not just turn it off - remove power and wait a few seconds - then turn on and retry.

If that doesn't help - Uninstall Netflix would be the easiest thing to try first - then reinstall it.

After that - a full TV Reset and reapply all the app again.

After that - it's probably the latest version of Netflix auto applied to your tv and is just to big now to run on your tv - you could use an amazon firestick or similar.

Also - you didn't say - but use an ethernet cable to connect TV to Router - don't use wifi if you are.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Does your TV have an ethernet port?

Can you use that.

I put my modem in the hotpress, and have a switch running cat 5e to all the TV's, and I also have unmanaged switches behind every TV, so I can connect the sat box, TV, Blu-ray etc.

Because of the ßhit location of the modem, I have a WiFi mesh system set up as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ericfartman

How old is the TV?

Advertisement