Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ukraine Refugee charity collection

Options
  • 26-02-2022 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My parents, close friends and I have organized a courier to travel to the Ukrainian-Polish border and neighboring cities. For the past 15 years we've been working with the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity, a Polish charity aimed at fundraising for hospitals in Poland. As the Dublin branch expanded we've been working closer with the official charity in Warsaw, Poland and have gained the connection and trust with various sponsors including our logistics courier who is offering his generous service for free to transfer all goods from Ireland to the border.

We're looking for charitable donations of goods for the Ukrainian refugees arriving in Poland through the south eastern border. Many of these refugees did not take many personal belongings from their homes and are lacking in basic hygiene products, medical equipment, cleaning items, sleeping mats etc. Updates of the goods and various receipts will be posted in the thread and in various places online to show full transparency in our cause.

If you're interested in donating, that's great!

The items we're looking for:

• General Hygiene products
    • Sleeping bags
    • Foam mattresses
    • Medical equipment - packaged Med kits, first aid kits
    • Tooth paste and toothbrushes
    • Plastic cutlery
    • Disinfectant
    • Batteries
    • Power banks
    • Torches
    • Facemasks - multi use or packaged single use masks
    • Lighters
    • Microfiber cloths

If you, or anyone you know is interested in helping our cause please feel free to contact me here. If you have any questions I'll gladly answer them whenever I have a moment, please don't hesitate to ask about anything.

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Apologies, but I'm closing this thread for now

I have little doubt you are genuine, but as a newly registered poster we have to be careful. I am leaving your post up. However could I ask you to email hello@boards.ie so @Boards.ie: Niamh can verify you

Unfortunately she will not be back into the office until Monday

I was actually thinking of starting a separate thread for posters to discuss how we in Ireland can help particularly with the refugee crisis this conflict brings. Hopefully we can make this a wider discussion once Niamh has had an opportunity to check things out

In the meantime I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for opening up an account to start this thread

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Apologies for the delay. I am re-opening this thread as the OP's father has been in touch with the office and we are happy for people to contact the OP with details of any products they can supply

U will also drop the OP a PM to tell them this thread has been re-opened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

They should be donating weapons to fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Any contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 stratostat

Hi, as I read in news 143 refugees from Ukraine have already reached Ireland. Friend of mine from Germany asked me information for her niece who escaped from Kiev 2 days ago, how she could move to Ireland. The 25y.o girl knows English and prefer to stay temporarily in english speaking country rather than in Germany. Does anybody know the procedure? What she needs to do after arrival here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

have a look at this article, there is also same article in English. Hope it’s of some help

Advertisement