Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Endgame - NBC -US Pace - (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That does look packed with twists. I did get a lol with the check-your-pocket line

but like..

does it have a an idea of where it is going I guess would be the big question

Writers have ok looking form. Maybe a weekly episode story show..

Nicholas Wootton - https://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/nicholas_wootton

Jake Coburn - https://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/jake_coburn

I'm reminded I haven't seen Stumptown..

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was a decent and enjoyable pilot episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'll keep watching but already multiple twists in this episode

I know people have compared this to Blacklist but it reminds me of something else I can't put my finger on, being more serialised. For some reason I'm thinking of Quantico.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kinda Killing Eve vibe from it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,495 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Kind of a Blacklist/BlindSpot/Quantico mixure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Does it feel like it'll be episode of the week or have a well thought out fully wrapped story?

Is it just a police/gov org. vs crime/gangster feel to it or does it branch into anything wider?

Like with a lot of these series, they'll likely claim to have plans for 5 seasons and then halfway into the second season it'll be obvious they should've just planned it as a single season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm enjoying the first couple of episodes of this, I have been a fan Baccarin since Firefly and V, I'm getting a big Prison Break vibe off it where 1 character knows everything that's going to happen and it leaving crumbs, definitely 1 I'll be keeping up with on a weekly basis though.

There does seem to be a bit of relying on coincidences and people figuring stuff out at an exact time on this.

And what are the odds now that Federova has planned for Val figuring out the blinking light?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Didn't make it through Episode 1 despite the presence of the lovely Ms Baccarin. All just a little dull and it had a sense of writers pretending they had a really clever idea. I believe it is getting poor ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I like it. I think it's a pretty original show. Hopefully the payoff for the underlying mystery will be worth it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm enjoying it, little bit too setup but very enjoyable.

Kinda defeats the purpose of a bomb(?) disguised as a gold bar when it has a panel that slides open to show a timer. Though if it was a bomb, it should've gone off by the end.

Speaking of bombs, for one that had so many anti tampering setups, it was really easily disarmed. Like why would they even risk cutting wires or moving it when all they have to do is pull the detonators out?

Anyway, Doaks being a d!ck taking the credit. Don't know why but every time I see him I think he's Krycek from X Files.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

With the way this show is, I've a feeling the main bomb was really a decoy and the main goal was to get the fake gold bar in the vault, the timer was just to show the audience the twist. I mean the tech guy turned off the scrambler after opening the vault so obviously they knew they would get caught. Maybe they knew the gold would be moved afterwards to another location and it's not a bomb but some sort of hacking device, could make sense if the timer counting down from 48 hours and not 48 minutes

Well you were right about the time and we found out what it really was.

Val needs to cop herself on though. She says Elena wouldn't assassinate the president as it's not her style, yet she was less than a minute from killing a relatively innocent woman if Val and Doak hadn't got there in time.

Lol I completely guessed that. I just know Doak is going to get his comeuppance soon, such a snake. Val knows what Elena is capable and sees the big picture, Elena also planned for yer man to be at the bank who would in turn point Val to the hostage. I'm wondering who Val's husband is working with, has been working with the CIA all along to find out what Elena is really doing is is he with the Bellocks

Yeah but she got there literally at the last minute. If they had hit traffic or anything else unplanned that may have delayed them even slightly, they wouldn't have made it.

I'm guessing she had back up plan in case they were late. She knows that her public image will sour if she kills an innocent woman. She is trying to cause chaos not kill innocent people. I think she has too much faith that Val will solve her puzzles in time

The finale tonight. What are the chances it'll be a series finale instead of them trying to drag it out for multiple seasons?

I mean they're trying to take down the president so will the next season be going after the power behind him? Elena just happens to know all the information about those people as well and they were the ones who booked the room where the photo was taken?

• Advertisement

I see there being another season with them going after the Belocs. I always thought it was an event series for some reason

Yeah, probably go that route though you would think the Belocs would be the first target.

If I was targeting people there's a good chance the US President would come after a crime family, since would think the family would be easier. But I guess these senators and president are more public so easier to access

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Enjoyable series however it ends on a cliffhanger.

So now will it get a second season is the question.

Hopefully this gets another season with that cliffhanger. I also guessed correctly about Owen being with the CIA. 10 episodes was also the perfect length. If it gets another season I hope it picks up right where it left off instead of doing a time skip.

Finished it this morning. I felt like another 2-3 episodes would finish the story. Hopefully it gets renewed, it was a good show.

Boo indeed.

Advertisement