Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir FTTH Bridge Mode with VOIP.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

You should be set now. Set the Google Mesh to IPoE/DHCP and make sure it is in the correct port (VLAN 10 with U). Connect ONT and F2000 to the other two.

If you've any issues let me know!

Hi, sorry for dragging up an old topic but I've tried to implement the solution you detailed so well with VF SIRO, have followed to the letter but when I connect the Nest Wifi back up it just flashes orange. I'm also unable to access the web directly by ethernet through the switch.

I did have difficulty accessing the admin page for the switch at first, so had to assign a static IP on my laptop before I could get in.

Could that be the reason?

The Netgear IP and Gateways are:

IP 192.168.0.239
    Gateway 192.168.0.254

The Google DHCP range is 192.168.86.20-250

Apologies if a dumb question. Badly need to address wifi dropouts which I think are causing difficulties with my Nest Thermostats.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Johnjsm21

Hi. Any chance you can tell me how to do this. I have a tp-link router that I used to replace the eir modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

I think the easiest way is using a 12 euro network switch between the ONT and the EIR router, and also plugging in the router you want to provide the internet routing to the same network switch. Disable wifi on the EIR box, job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Johnjsm21

Legend. Its working. I had a dumb switch in another room. Connected that to the ONT. Then connected the new TP-Link AX10 to it and the F3000 also to the dumb switch. I had to reset the F3000 but after that the phone is working again. This is excellent. Hate paying for something and not being able to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭dollylama

Is the ONT -> Switch -> Routers solution still working?

I'm hoping to setup a wireless bridge to another property from an eir FTTH connection and I'll be using a Mikrotik router in each property and Ubiquiti radios to do the link. If I can drop in a switch after the ONT, it could make setting this up much easier and, assuming I can "bridge" across the wireless link and have the Mikrotik in the second property handle the WAN connection... or does the switch establish the WAN / VLAN 10 connection?

• Advertisement
Advertisement