Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are these wheels worth cube agree?

• 21-02-2022 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

Im getting a cube agree c62 2022 ordered for june. I don't need the wheels that come with it as ive a set of hunt carbons. The bike will be on a trainer for winter so ill buy some clothing out of the money i make on them.

What would a set brand new with rotors and an 11 speed 105 casette sell for please on adverts or that? They seem to be expensive enough and a step above typical budget type wheels.

https://www.bike24.com/p2364935.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Do you have the wheel specs? The stock wheels on most Cubes are notoriously poor.

I'd hang on to them and use them on wet rides and on windy days instead of selling them off and try and save the Hunts but that's just me. I'm not sure there's a huge market for stock wheels.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

These are the Newman Evolutions, I have a set and they are great. The entry level Cubes have poor wheelsets but the higher up models with Newmans are fantastic IMO I have the same ones and the hubs are great. Brand new though they go for about €700 range, maybe €800 with the cassette and rotors but you are paying extra for what you could get with HUNT for between €500 and €650. On paper you should get €400 if they haven't been touched but since they aren't as well known over here you will struggle I imagine. Personally I would hold onto them as a spare pair of decent wheels but if you do decide to sell I'll put in an offer then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,194 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

as cram mentioned, i'd say the main issue with selling those is the lack of brand recognition compared to mavics or campys in the same price range; with the latter two people know what to expect and will have a decent idea of what they're worth. you don't have that with your wheels.

I have hunt aero 33s carbon that weigh 1345g. They are in immaculate condition with 2 years warranty left. Superb wheels. The bike will be on a trainer for winter so no need to keep the newmans for winter.

Its hard to believe cube stick on a wheelset that good at a cost of €700 on a bike that costs only €2750.

Anyway, thanks for the reply and ill stick them up on boards when selling them. Based on your advice, Id be happy enough with €400 for them. That would include two rotors and a 105 11 speed cassette in very good condition.

• Advertisement

Its not that they are worth or not worth €700, that's the RRP, Cube buy them in bulk and I imagine get them for well under half the RRP in fact at one point I think Newman only manufactured for Cube as their premium wheels while they were growing. Cube then used rebadged Fulcrums entry wheels as their entry level wheels. Having Hunts equivalent, they are as good as Hunts alloys which go for only a small amount less. I also have a set if Newman 50s Carbon on my race bike so I like their longevity and lack of issues (so far).

Thanks. What bike do you have? Is it a cube agree, how do you find it? What size is it?

The wait of 6 months is killing me for a new bike. Two weeks i had to wait for my defy before covid. Strange times.

Cube Cross Race Pro C62. Also got a set of Newman Carbon 50s with my Rose Six Lite. Got it just a few months before Covid. Told there was a lead time of 3 months, ended up getting a phone call about 3 weeks later but that is more likely just luck than realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

I wouldn't get my hopes up too much for June if I were you. I've no inside information but suspect June is just an estimate.

I also have a cube on order with delivery due in April, at the time I ordered (last year) I was offered a different cube bike for "week 4 2022". I've been watching the website and those week 4 bikes never popped up as in stock (maybe they were all pre booked /reserved but I think that's unlikely in the 4k sort of end and on all sizes?), anyway, I'm assuming those week 4 bikes are currently running around 4 weeks late and I'm taking that as an indication that my April bike won't arrive in April!

Its not the end of the world if i dont have it by june as i have a giant defy advanced 2 2020 to keep me going. Being honest, its probably a better bike than the agree, im just never happy and always want more. Plus i got over half the cost of the agree on the ctw scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

The Cube was only €1000?

Cyclesuperstore have the next model up in the cube agree c62 in a medium and large.

I was offered that model but its nearly a 1kg heavier than the mechanical ultegra model. Plus ive heard that sram rival etap axs is a ball of shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

So how did you get (save?) over half the cost of the Cube on the ctw scheme?

I think he paid for half on the B2W, not saved, so €1250, paid out of the €2750. It would have been less pleasant to read if he wrote that he paid for 45.45...% on the B2W. His employers may have given the excess as benefit in kind / bonus but my point was that i think he just meant he paid for half on the b2w.

Advertisement