Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investment options - Medium to high risk

• 20-02-2022 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering what are the options for medium to high risk investments over a long time horizon. Probably 10k initially but this will be added to over time.

I'm knowledgeable about risks and tax implications with various investments so don't need advice there. I have bought individual stocks for the last 6 or so years, more out of curiosity and interest in financial markets in general. But as we all know stock picking isn't a recommended way to invest unless you have the necessary knowledge, time and skills to do it. ETF tax treatment rules them out too, so I guess that leaves funds. If we take an S&P tracker as the baseline for risk/return, what other options are there? What funds are there that carry higher risk, without being too stupid? Take it that I'd like to try and "beat" the S&P, whilst accepting that this is high risk. The money I'll be using can be lost

Comments

Advertisement