Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Contents Insurance. mostly for bikes, recommendation needed.

Options
  • 26-02-2022 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hey, anyone reccomend a good insurer for home contents that includes expensive bikes? Have a couple of bikes hoping to include for home cover, not particularly bothered about insuring them outside of home as Id never leave them alone. Though if it was affordable maybe ... any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I got a broker to shop around last year and if I recall the loading for the bike was in the region of 150% of the premium!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Seems to be the case alright, most seem to insure pedal cycles up to a value of 1 to 2k. One did 5k but it was only for multiple bikes not 1 at that value.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

My bikes are covered under contents at no extra cost, but I think to a max value of 2k each. I am with jlt (now called marsh iirc)

They asked for the details of the bikes, serial numbers included as named items.

Advertisement