Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tidying up old tractor and Digger -tips needed

• 25-02-2022 7:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭

Hey,

I have a 30 year old tractor and Digger to tidy up. I am not too concerned with restoring professionally, moreso with doing a rough general cleanup. Any advice or pointers on the below?

1) clean each machine using power washer on some parts and old cloths on anything that could be damaged. Got a oil/grease remover from auto motors I can use

2) bring machine into large shed to dry. Do some sanding and fill in any holes with a filler.

3)buy spray gun and get good auto paint at motor factors. Have to do a red for tractor and orange for Hitachi. It will be first time spraying but will go slowly and have good mask and breeze coming into shed

4) paint over decals on digger with small white paintbrush. Priced buying these a few years and crazy money

To be honest if I get them cleaned up and tidied I'd be very happy

Any advice on the above or any tips you have to improve this would be very appreciated. I know the result may not be too professional looking but it will definitely be an improvement on what it is at minute.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Be very careful Power washing anywhere near electrics, you could do more harm than good. Oil and filter change would be more important to me than new paint. Will you be selling them?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭irishguy19772

No. Will be keeping them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

What ever you think you will spend quadruple it

Advertisement