Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Go on "Bus Eireann", return on "Expressway"

Options
  • 23-02-2022 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any advice on a ticket for the above. Outward A to B on the BE 355 but back B to A on the Expressway 55. Won't name exact boarding points sorry.

Expressway doesn't list the 355 at all on it's ticket page as an option for an online ticket but will the driver sell me a valid ticket ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭Glaceon

I may be wrong but I think you'll need to get two single tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You are absolutely correct.

It's not possible to combine them any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

BE have had to separate PSO and Commercial Expressway ticketing unfortunately.

However you can pay for both using a LEAP card when you board the bus.

You'll get a discount using LEAP on the 355 which is a PSO route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

Just seen this here, going to impact alot of people up my way who get the 6:10 express way into the city and the 5:15 bus Eireann home.

Will mean:

- a wait until the 6 O'Clock Expressway service that may not take them as to leave room for those at the Airport. This depends on the driver. Although you can book a seat which could cause people waiting at the Airport for the next one.

- Buy two singles everyday. Increasing the cost of what used to be just a ten journey.

-. Get the 5:15 bus Eireann to Dublin to hang around the office for an hour before work.

- Get the 6:15 Bus Eireann. Running the possibility of been late for work. Have to stay late to make up the time and not get home until nearly 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭Glaceon

I'm in a similar situation myself. In the morning I get a 101X from Drogheda which is a PSO service. On the way home, it's usually the Expressway 100X that shows up first; sometimes the next 101X shows up shortly after but it can be up to 30 minutes away from experience. So it's a choice between standing around waiting in the evening, or paying more to get home at a reasonable time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

Yes I know but I haven't had to use a bus since March 2020. Not going back till July

Advertisement