Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Corruption

• 19-02-2022 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Apologies in advance but I did search for the topic with little relevance in the results.

In a town that I frequent regularly, approximately 1/3 of the Gardai are currently suspended due to an internal investigation for fraud and illegal activities. Understanding the rules of boards.ie, I will be very cautious of the claims of wrongdoing. Since this is not a current case before the courts, the whole town and surrounding areas knew that these activities were occurring. It involves Guards signing documents that allowed people who should not be in the State status that legitimised their stay in Ireland. These officially signed documents subsequently allowed the recipients access to employment and various social welfare benefits. This particular town has a sizeable immigrant population.

There is also evidence; albeit anecdotal at the moment, that similar practices is occurring in other Garda barracks in various parts of the country. While the current suspensions are to be welcomed, and in light of other Gardai irregularities that were not adequately responded to, it is our hope that prosecutions will follow.

While a disclaimer should not be necessary, there should be an acknowledgment of the dedicated and incorruptible nature of the majority of our Gardai. We really do thank you for your service.

Comments

Advertisement