Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitachi Ex135 tracks

Options
  • 22-02-2022 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi. I have a ex135 and the tracks have stretched a lot. The idler wheel is out full. I have counted the links and there is 43. There should be 44 so I guess the guy b4 me removed a link.

The chain bushings and pins are in fair/good condition. It seems that is just stretched. I did replace the sprockets last year but now I see one side is throwing the track.

is there any chance off removing another link as it only does a few hours work a month or less , or will I have to splash out on new chains

also there the idler is kinda jumping up and down but I could weld a plate to build it back up

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭cjpm

If you have only a single top roller you could buy an extra bottom roller and fit it on top to use up some of the slack. That should bring the idler back in.

If the idler is still wobbling you should weld in plates to build it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Matty6270

i will build it up alright. I think Il just bit d bullet and buy chains

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Get them pinned and bushed if the rails are good enough. It might be a more economical method for you being that the digger is not doing great hours.

A 52 link chain 8 months ago was 850 to get pinned and bushed in McSharrys. That will give you a rough idea.

I wouldn't be taking another link out and hoping for the best if it were me though. You can't beat not having to worry about a track hopping off wherever you go.

Advertisement