Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT reclaim query

Options
  • 21-02-2022 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭

Forgot all about VAT reclaim on a small farm machinery shed. The date of the invoices are between September 2017 and February 2018

On. googling, the claim period is 4 years, so looks like I'm late for any invoice dated 2017, but have until the end of 2022 for any invoice dated 2018.

Is that correct ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭Sami23

Yes that's correct

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭MfMan

If you were to include the 2017 invoices amongst the 2018 ones when submitting it would be illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Illegal or accidental? It's just simple yes or no to what they'd accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Dozer1

this is all online now and you have to itemise each one individually and only invoices for the year in question allowed so they will just fire it back at you.

did a shed that was over 2020 & 2021 and needed 2 sperate submissions and they queried anything that looked off or if an invoice had anything on it that wasn't reclaimable included they made me remove it from the claim back amount

• Registered Users Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Check with your accountant and see if there can be a case made for getting an extension - depending on the amount you are talking about. There might be a relaxation of timeframes due to Covid. Probably not, but if you don't ask you don't get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,770 ✭✭✭893bet

Illegal might be a bit strong.

They would most likely rejected as part of the claim. No harm chancing your arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭MfMan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭Sami23

Absolutely chance your arm as have nothing to lose.

I've gotten away with a few dodgy items in vat reclaims over the years that weren't even related to the farm

Advertisement