Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinder Swindler [Netflix]

• 19-02-2022 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭

What do you think about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The women in this are up their with people who send their bank details to Nigerian Prince's.

They meet for a 30 minute coffee and she's on about a connection and then heads off on a jet with him the next day. "he's my type, he works so hard" etc.

They wouldn't have looked at him twice if he wasn't a supposed billionaire 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭dublin49

expect to go dutch

My mother was on at me to watch it..

Most Netflix documentaries are ridiculous tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Watched it, he seemed a very clever fella, although he was caught before and seems to have been able to do the same scam twice, simply by changing his name.

Then again, people are only smart and able to do scams like this if they can fool thick people. These girls all latched on to a guy cos they thought he was a billionaire. Says a lot about them, and it was hard to feel much sympathy for them throughout the show.

As for the scammer, it would appear he is back making money again, however he's doing it this time.

Yes I was rolling my eyes when the women were talking about wanting to find fairytale love, how they were attracted to him because he worked hard and was well travelled.

They were sitting in the back of the big fancy cars and thought they were on the pigs back.

Officially being in a relationship with a fella they've seen a few times and saw for one night every few weeks or months. It was the money they were after. Stick him in a 00 Avensis and they wouldn't give him a second look!

2nd girl asking the question.."which is more important, buying a home or a friends security? A friends security of course". Ehhhh what?

Dutch girl thought she really got him by selling his jumpers. Doubt she'd make much from them. They were probably knock offs aswell. Also she seemed really smug when she told the story about him getting arrested. 5 months in prison was well worth it for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

They were “marrying” a lifestyle not the twerp scamming them. It’s an outrageous scam - different stratosphere. However, I wonder how much sympathy scammed foolish men would get if a woman went to these lengths to fcuk over a

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

He's clever, he cons women from the EU, if he conned an American citizen he, d be arrested by the fbi, interpol. He was on prison in Israel for 2 years for fraud. He's was interviewed on usa TV inside edition this week he claims hes a gentleman he's being removed from dating websites he still has Instagram social media accounts the Netflix show is very entertaining

Spoiler one woman got all his expensive clothes sold them on ebay for 1000s of euros he has a new girlfriend maybe she has no Netflix account there's scams like this going on everyday but we only hear about them if there's a radio or TV show about them

See hbo, s the love fraud

• Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭zg3409

Clothes were not fake. Dutch girl said she worked in fashion industry and would know, but selling used clothes online would be hard work and low value.

I found the show really entertaining, I felt sympathy for those conned out of massive sums of money.

I found it strange the swindler spent so much on flights, cars, hotels and meals, when you would think keeping the money or converting it to cash would be the main aim. Sure some of those conned brought him suitcases of cash, which he may have amassed over time so he has a nest egg for when he was caught, but private jets are a way to burn cash. I would have though pretending to have private jets would have been better.

It sounds like it was more of an ego thing, and he liked to live fast, and to do so he juggled stringing along lots of women with the intention from one month to one year later playing the poor man. It sounds like his international travel and his constant living in hotels, helped him avoid police chasing him down, and he seemed to target women from richer scandavavian countries. The women seemed really shuck by the experience, seriously contemplating suicide. It made great TV and at least he got some of what he deserved. Some of the women took serious risks tracking him down as a personality like that is capable of anything. As the women said he knows their home address and parents etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

If he worked in Tesco he wouldn't have been able to scam them even for a tiny fraction of what he got. They only gave him money because quid pro quo (something for something) First woman thought she was going to marry a billionaires son, the second 'just friends' woman thought she would get double, triple etc back of what she gave. Again.... if he worked in Tesco like!

The man himself is scum. How he hasn't gotten battered or killed is achievement in itself as people have gotten killed for less. But of course he was conning gullible, normal / average women. Not rich women who's rich daddy would have no issue using their financial resources to give him his just deserts.

Yeah, you'd nearly get sick listening to them talk about him. "he was soooo nice, we had a connection" blah blah. Talking about fearing for someone they really really care about. They met him a handful of times ffs. They thought they'd hit the big time. That's all they wanted.

He did well to manage them all, he must have had loads of them on the go. He did well not to mis step. Then again, they'd have probably believed whatever he told them anyways. Sure when they were getting news articles of him being a swindler, first thing they did was send the articles to him!

• Advertisement

I wonder did he have any connection to LLD diamonds at all? Did he just use that identity to claim he was connected? Were the news articles about the Leviev family and things like that womans suicide all by chance?

He must have had some dodgy connections...he had that email address linked to his credit card at LLDdiamonds.co or something. I wonder is that easy to set up? Also all the dodgy passports and identities.

Also strange one of the 3 Finnish women ended up being on the plane with him. Was he really that childs father?

And when he sent the women the check, why didn't the bank tell them why it didn't go through? The bank refused to say.

Didn't the first girl say she was made an employee and got paid 94k a month or something? Did she get money from it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I can imagine he's a hero/legend to some men, you know the incel kind who seem to revel in the suffering of the girls. Creeps

As for the website it's real easy to set up. The real website is .com so he just registered the .co domain name (seriously .co is such a con domain extension) then all you would do is copy the main website design. Only about a days work to do as you are just copying and pasting the real code into your own. You can then set up emails at that domain.

Passports woukd be harder. You'd have to know someone or just go on the dark Web to order one. Can get anything on those dodgy websites.

I was also thinking it would have been risky for him when he got the women to book the flights. I think he got them to book the flights right? Or did he just use their card?

Because the list of names who got tickets was listed. So what if the woman looked at the list of women and facebooked them and saw pictures of the two together etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I felt sympathy for the Norwegian one, though she did seem very naive.

The Swedish one wrecked my head and I felt like she was holding back on what she was saying. She seemed to suggest that he was just her friend but she was following him around and at his beck and call. It seems like a really big emotional investment on her part when she claimed she wasn't interested in him romantically.

Similarly, the lengths the Norwegian one went through, I could understand but the Swedish one, given the information she provided in the doc, had me raising my eyebrows. I feel like there's more to her story than she's letting on.

I thought that too. It was a big investment of time on his part to scam a "friend". I wouldn't take out 1k of a loan to give to a friend if they asked for it, nevermind 100's of thousands for someone you'd met a handful of times.

She said she went to the party and was like "it's not for me" and left after 30 minutes. I highly doubt if you're hanging out with a billionaires son for a short period of time you'd just leave like that.

I wonder if she wanted to make it seem like they didn't have a sexual relationship because he had a "girlfriend" at the time.

He obviously didn't scam that girlfriend either.

Amazing what a bit of money can do 😉

Leviev, then 20, was going by the name Shimon Hayut, and together they'd go drinking and dancing after work, with Courtney, now 31, acting as his wingman in clubs as he tried - and usually failed - to attract women.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭Xander10

I was sitting watching it saying, tell him to ask his Daddy for the money. That's usually what criminals expect.

I'd be of the opinion that if you're not interested in someone and they keep at you, you'd let them down gently or abruptly, depending how much of a pest they are.

On the other hand, if she was just looking to lead him on or use him, she wouldn't have got herself into so much debt over him. She would've just moved on when the money dried up.

So I reckon there was an important emotional investment on her part and, to me, the 'friendship' that she talked about was very superficial. She seemed to paint it off as just going out together, though she then said she didn't like the way he partied (?). I just wasn't buying it.

• Advertisement

Could be as you said; there was something between them but she didn't want to bring it up out of respect for the girlfriend.

Or could be something like drugs or some kind of three-way relationship, something that'd be really embarassing and that's why he had enough of a hold over her to get so much money from her. But then to go and do the show could bring more attention to it and be even more embarassing so I don't know really.

She just struck me as being a bit off the more the show went on.

I reckon there was something in it. I reckon there was something sexual going on. She tagging along with him and the gf?

I'm guessing they got paid for the documentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭zg3409

He had no connections but made sure when his "name" was googled fake articles cane up and his Instagram was all his own doing. Fake email is easy, you can fake the return address without evening owning the email address. Example I could make an email look like it came from you right now.

Sometimes dodgy passports are genuine documents obtained with false documents, such as fake birth certs, fake bills etc. As said they can be bought online. It's relatively hard to determine a genuine passport even with fancy electronic scanning , most can be faked. Someone made a fake electronic passport for Elvis Presley and used it to self check in. Genuine ones are relatively easy. Even officially changing your name is easy and often free.

In terms of bouncing cheques or bank transfers, it looked as if he never actually made the electronic transfers so they never bounced, just never arrived and he made excuses his accounts were locked/blocked. A physical cheque or bank draft typically needs to be verified with the issuing bank, in this case often a foreign country, which causes delays, it may take 3 weeks for it to formally bounce, particularly for a high value amount. It may list a real account and name and have similar signature.

In terms of salary again this was a promise of future money, and I think a woman spoke to her and emailed her a payslip, but if course only paid at end of month, and pay was much higher than loan asked. The aim of these proofs of payments is to string person along for a few weeks, and try get more money from them while they believe it's already been paid back.

In term of childs mother it suggests the person with the child claimed to be a victim, but afterwards was seen on the plane with him, It also mentioned she convinced the other victim he was a good father. She may have been in on the scam, along with the bodyguard and other faces around, but they all denied any wrong doing.

I don't like victim blaming, sure they were niece and thought they were minted for life if they married their new boyfriend, but this guy is a skilled manipulator and an expert womaniser and playboy. He definitely has the gift of the gab and used techniques to gain trust early such as mentioning his kid and bringing them along with him for an intensive "honeymoon" period. He has honed his technique for identifying the vulnerable, getting them bought in and deciding when to scam them and how to drag out repayment.

According to his wiki, the reason why he only did 5 months prison (out of 15 months) was because of Covid. It also said in 2020 he pretended to be a medical worker to get the vaccine in Israel. Lol.

He buys very expensive clothes the top brands his last victim was able to get most of the money back by selling all his clothes on ebay he's in the daily mail today looking to buy a very expensive car with 3 bodyguards around him I hope there's a program on Israeli TV about him to expose him as a psychopath conman fraud he claims hes not a fraud or a conman he says he's a gentleman he'd be going out with one girl while luring in his next victims. He, d book flights using the girls credit cards I wonder where he's getting the money he has now he still has a social media account I don't think he can go to the UK or Europe right now considering the TV show is in Netflixs top 10 watched documentarys and he is not using a dating app right now

He really has a nerve going on americanTV saying I'm not a conman even after being convicted twice for fraud and being in prison he has no connection with any jewelry firm he was pretending to be the son of a billionaire Israeli jewel firm owner using a false name i think EU countrys should put him on a watch list like a drug dealer eg he cannot be allowed to enter an EU country

• Registered Users Posts: 19,792 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

bit harsh putting him on a watch list from the EU for swindling money off women who were only after his money ? People do a lot worse things everywhere every day

• Registered Users Posts: 31,749 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I don't think it's fair to lump the people featured on the show as one.

He is making plenty of money by legit means now it seems..

30k in three days on cameo...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Is this a tv show? I thought it was a film?

How many episodes?

this is a documentary ,its mostly interviews with 3 women who lived in the uk who he borrrowed money from,scammed.With videos from social media and audio recordings of messages he sent and images from his instagram account.the women thought they were going out with a rich businessman who travelled alot on private planes and stayed in expensive hotels .they are not gold diggers, they come across as smart sincere women who were fooled by a skilled con man.

• Advertisement

No they are gold diggers. They claimed they were into him because he worked hard etc. First girl had a 30 minute coffee date, jumped into a private jet and flew to another country the next day and slept with him.

There's a reason he had the flashy pictures up on tinder in the first place, to get people!!!

If he worked in Tesco no one would swipe right on him.

Advertisement