Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My VM ID3 1st Plus: Captains log: 23 Sept 2021

Options
  • 25-09-2021 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭

Bikes will be much higher up but at least the lights work now on the bike rack, never did on leaf

Bike tow bar 1,300 lids, fitted

In passing, is it possible to measure individual journey distances: the leaf has trip A, trip B

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Post edited by Calahonda52 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yes there is a re-setable trip meter, which I have never used, think it's in the Interior menu. Normally I use one of the 3 screens "Since charging" "Since start" or "Long-term". The "since start" resets if the car hasn't been used for a number of hours. They can be re-set if you so wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Results from first road trip

First one: Nenagh to Tralee, slow traffic from Adare to Tralee: left Nenagh at 4:40, arrived before dark

2nd One Tralee to Nenagh, left Tralee at 21:30.

Drove at speed limit pretty much all the way, 55 kms is 120, the rest is mainly 100, wet and dark

3rd one shows what was left

so, at speed limit speeds, its 300 km range at a push based on the above

was 100% charged

When at a location that you want to return to, is there any way to store it from the map.

In the Leaf there is

Thanks

This allows you navigate to any spot on the map, what you can't do is use it to save where you are as a waypoint, as you can't navigate to where you already are 😎

Nenagh Portlaoise at m/w speed, dry, daytime, no wind

225 kgs wood pellets

round trip, 140, at 120

• Advertisement

In relation to the proported misreading of the speed signs, my take, based on a round trip to Cahirsiveen, 200 km from nenagh, is that the gremlins are on the mapping software and not the signage.

Driving along in middle of nowhere and it says 30 kms/h detected and brakes.

Does the same in Nenagh

Having said that its lovely car to drive with the lane management, auto dim and bendy lights set up at night and the adaptive cruise control.

CCS in newcastle west was down, had twigged it on plugshare before hand so drove at 90 for 90 to that CP (14.2 kms/100 km) spent an hour 43 mins plus 17) getting back to 97% on the AC and then drove at 100 or 80 the rest of the way, got a few electrons over 2 hrs on a 13 amp in the hotel and drove back at speed limit in the dark: 17.4 kms/100, got home with 51 kms left. dry night no wind, 10 degrees, and not stressed after a 2:45 drive, it did message me to rest a while 😎

OH took car at 07:00 this morning, 3 degrees, came back in a few minutes, lack of power and red lights on the dash: rabbit/tortoise/T rex or something, it was gone when she got back: has been to Dublin and back since: was it the cold?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,837 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

That's a pretty severe response, normally turtle mode should only kick in at a very low SoC

Sounds like there was a momentary fault, might be worth getting the garage to look at it

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Dingle to Nenagh 22:00 to midnight, c 4.0 degrees C. mainly dry, no wind, drove it pretty hard on the 80 km limit roads from Dingle to Tralee via the coast road to Castleisland, 57 kms, and then at speed limit plus 5 for the balance, c.50km at 125 and the rest at 105: left with 90%, 11% or 34 kms left.

Went looking for charging this morning. Lidl down again, rapid/AC under repair.😀

Anyone got a photo of inside the meter box where the cable to the EVCP came from the meter box and not the CU?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Came back from a trip yesterday, 3% and turtle just as I reversed into the drive.

Started the granny cable charger and left it.

100% dead when I went out this morning

Used key to open it.

I guessed the 12v was flat so once the 12v was charging for a bit, its all back and granny cable charging is now working as well/

It looks like it charged to 5% and then died.

Car is 5 months old/ 11,000 kms

Is there some point at which the 12v is not charged by the big battery?

Post edited by Calahonda52 on

I think there is a level where the 12V won't charge but not sure what point it is

I believe it also changes the 12v at the end of the charging cycle, so it was probably low at the start of charging then died

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

shouldn't it have topped up the 12V while you were driving?

Phone call today from Al Hayes, Portumna.

Want me to book my car in for a service.

Asked what it would cost

2 prices 195 and 245

whats in the 245

Change

oil

oil filter

plugs

brake fluid

pollen filter

rotate tyres

and some other stuff

When she was finished I told her I was driving an Elec, that had been in for some recall work last week and the service clock was now set for 2 years out.

In passing what is the service interval for the ID3

• Registered Users Posts: 23,265 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭sh81722

I apparently once got an oil change done on the leaf back in 2016 or 2017. At least the invoice said so.

I was happy to see that my wife's Leaf passed all the exhaust and emissions checks at its last service

Which is more than can be said for most of us after a feed of beer and MSG laden fast food 😎

Interesting this article where it references elec price increases in Germany as well as charging costs

Picture Mad Lads next car, c/w 2.4 on the assembly line...don't tell him

I count 11 guys, reminds me of Dagenham in 1990 where 4 guys had time for a game of cards between fitting tyres on cars on the assembly line

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/sep/12/soaring-energy-costs-could-threaten-future-of-electric-cars-experts-warn

Looking at the PCP here in the context of an affidavit of means:

Is the bullet payment at the end a liability or a payment that need to be paid to keep the car?

As i dont own the car it's not an asset?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,253 ✭✭✭✭fits

I wouldn’t think so. But I’m not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Depends what suits for the affidavit, with PCP technically you don’t own the car until the final payment is made

CAR INSURANCE renewal for the ID3 came in today

483 euro from Zurich: worth looking around?

Am 70 so maybe not

Thanks as always

Always worth looking around, even if just phoning your present broker and asking why they have increased with you. If they just put it up by €20 most people wouldn't bother, but they are greedy. Mine went up €70 last week, after querying, they answered that they had forgotten to include our multi insurance discount and knocked €50 off ! (Didn't tell them that the missus' insurance had gone down by €20 the previous week)

€332 from Aviva for us. We have basically all our insurance with them so we get all the loyalty discounts

That was going is as a new policy, if I'd renewed the policy I was on (also Aviva) it would have been over €500

And here I thought price walking was illegal now 😏

We are also with Aviva, me about €350 and missus about €320. Also have house, boat etc with them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,253 ✭✭✭✭fits

Aviva here too.

Thanks for this, what level of discounts apply for 2nd car, house, boat, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I’m with Aviva too. €310 for me. I believe that’s their min policy price this year.

I have house and 2nd car with them also so all the discounts applied.

• Advertisement

Aviva, quote of 328 :)

Advertisement