Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Room

Options
  • 10-01-2022 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi I am hoping for some advice on getting a garden room installed. Would anyone have experience of gardenhouse24 here in Ireland? They seem to be an international company with an outlet now in Ireland. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

They fall into the Garden Shed exemption criteria.

Keep an eye on your Planning requirements and you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I'm interested in this also. Seems to be a big price difference between them and a joinery company to build a garden room. I understand it depends on the finish etc... but I've seen about 10k difference in some cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The ones mentioned in the OP are known as log cabins. The pieces for the cabin are all prefabricated and fit together in a specific manner. You build it basically like a big lego kit. They come in from a huge manufacturing facility in Europe and are rebranded by the companies locally. So as a result they're much cheaper to produce than a bespoke room built from scratch.

The downside is that customisation is limited. You pick the one that best matches the size you want, and that's the one you get. You do also find that if you start adding the same extras that you might get from a joinery - insulation, electrics, etc - the price starts ratcheting up. If you're not willing/able to build it yourself, the install cost will be about 25% on top of the base price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

Pour a bit of a slab and get a few poles to throw up a few blocks. Can’t beat concrete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

I can’t even get anyone to quote me to do this

Advertisement