Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone tell me what carvery food is like in The Mansion House pub. Good, or avoid? Thanks

Options
  • 17-02-2022 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

I've an appointment in Waterford in a few weeks time. Looking for decent carvery dinner.

Best Answers

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Heard its decent

Best carvery in Waterford City is from the Granvile Hotel on the Quay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Carvery food and the word “good” should never be uttered in the same sentence .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Ha ha, unfortunately I'm bringing elderly uncle, he won't eat any other dinner.

Thanks everyone. The Granville it is. The uncle loves the "mate" and the spuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I must be in the minority here but I found The Granville really average for sunday carvery last week. The beef was dry and tough and the vegetables nothing special. It seems to be one of those places, like Geoffs, which has a "cool" name and people want to be seen there, without having earned a reputation for quality, tasty food.

For sunday carvery you cant go wrong with the Uluru. Huge portions and great service too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭bullpost

Wouldnt be my first choice but they are popular and when done to a decent standard, represent good value for money. And i've eaten in the Granville a good few times and standard there is pretty good - I've no complaints.

Pub bar lunches are in my view the best food in ireland.. 70& OF mon/fri trade every day so standard needs be good... I often have had good carvery lunches... its in my head as if it comes from the kitchen it seems to taste better...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Thanks again everyone. My appointment was moved to an earlier slot, so now I'm planning brunch in The Pantry.

Appreciate ye taking the time to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Just a note its not the location its the chefs that work in the kitchen and on the carvery that make the difference.

Some shudnt be called chefs or let near a carvery, some are great depends where they end up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement