Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER PANEL TIPS?

Options
  • 19-02-2022 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I hope someone who has done well on a CO temp or permanent campaign can help me with this.

For the location choice what are the top 2 counties to choose outside of Dublin to move quickly and get people into jobs. I checked the mobility map and see high numbers of COs in the Dept of Education in Westmeath. Are there any other factors to consider when picking a county?

Post edited by Dara Flanagan on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Maria Rrzz

Dara, do you remember the agreement? the boxes you ticked in? I would delete the post and post a new one more general to be save. You can be disqualified in any future recruitment campaign.

However I can give you some information. First always ask them, it helps you to gain experience for your future job in the public services. They have been on your shoes, they will and are nice but rules are rules and privacy, secrecy and confidentiality pillars of public servants!

None of these questions have any impact on your merits. They are used at the very end of the recruitment campaign to assigned to the job that suits your personality the best. So be yourself for your onw benefit. Those tests might have few questions to spot severe mental issues, you would giggle when read them.

The job simulation section is just it, a kind of role game. All the information is in the candidates booklet. Your role as clerical officer in the public services and the list of competencies are their expectations. The assessment has not time limit so make sure you have read and understand well the scenario and remember the competition is open to 16 years old without any work experience. That is the pass level. Go fast the first parts about who you are, what you like and what are your strength and weakness. Then make sure you have understand the scenario of the job simulation before answer.

The next section merits are awarded, candidates with more working experience as clerical officers in the public sector gain more merits. In TCO campaigns you are not competing with COs seeking to change to another department and the rules allows more inexperienced candidates such as secondary or college student seeking a summer placement.

Advertisement