Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Netflix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,889 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Such a shame the Northern Irish lads who had been signed to direct dropped out (Ryan and Andy Tohill), would've loved to see their take on this after their brilliant The Dig (not the netflix archeology movie).

As an aside, I hate this trend of naming sequels the same as the original (they've dropped the 'The', but same difference).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That final scene. Oof. I hate the empty cultural abyss that is Influencer culture as much as the next person, but I did kinda groan. A little too "how do you do fellow kids?" there.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,874 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The scariest thing in that trailer was that girls eyebrows...wowsers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

wtf is going on with those eyebrows ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

She reminds me of Buffy's first room mate at college for some reason.

Leatherface would want to be careful not to throw his back out with the chainsaw at his age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watched this tonight. Was okay. Being short probably helped it.

Spoilers below

One big problem with modern horror films is are we to believe horror films don't exist in them? Or that no one watches them? Though I guess that would make them all Scream clones.

Whatever about verifying the kill, get the frack out of there just in case and don't rest until you're hundreds of miles away. And when leaving, use a fast car, not what they were doing.

I thought the original took place in a farmhouse, like the one in the post credits, so why was he in the orphanage? Maybe he lived there when younger?

But the 2 who planned the event were the biggest idiots of the lot. Did they seriously buy up a whole town and plan on selling it without even seeing it themselves? The first time they saw it was a few minutes before the potential investors arrived.

Critical consensus seems to be .... "utter shite"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Pure unbridled shite, absolute waste of 90 minutes and I hoped somebody would crack me in the skull with a hammer at the end so I'd forget ever watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

The timeline doesn't make sense, he's far too young. Was the woman supposed to be his mother, cops call him "her boy"? The cops obviously knew him to see, but never put two and two together that he may have been the murderer from the first?

The Leatherface/3d timeline was better, should have continued with that. Nubbins/hitchhiker was the best character anyway, and madest of all the brothers.

In this film he seems to have supernatural elements and strength which also doesn't make sense, never seemed to be stronger than his brothers, infact got bullied mercilessly by them and was terrified. Leatherface was really a victim of continued domestic violence, lived in fear of his lunatic family

Fair play & kudos for sticking with it till the end......i just HAD to cash-in after an hour......was losing the will to live

• Advertisement

People over exaggerate with this stuff. It's watchable if you like the franchise

Nope.....its pure & utter drivel. Bad soundtrack, bad acting, bad dialogue......... couldn't find any redeeming features in it at all. AVOID

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I thought it was watchable.

As far as horror remakes go (is it a remake?) it was decent

I wouldn't watch it again but don't feel like I wasted time watching it either

Exactly it's watchable. Most disappointing aspect was he has no family in it. Most interesting aspect of the films I find is him being bullied at home. One of horrors most iconic characters a scared kitten at home ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

It was more of a comedy that a horror, especially the bus moment. Sure it was bad, but so are most films made these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Homelander

Absolutely terrible - just throw a threadbare budget at it and hope the name brings in a few suckers.

Rubbish story, bad acting, cringe-inducing dialogue, lazily slapped together, utterly nonsensical behaviors from everyone as is typical for these z-grade movies.

I haven't seen all of the Texas Chainsaw movies, but of the few I've seen this is absolutely no-contest the worst by a wide margin.

I do enjoy silly slashers but this isn't that. It's not clever-silly, not even stupid-silly, it's just insultingly brain-dead.

The Irish lad is probably the only one who puts in a halfway convincing turn to be fair, movie could have done with more of him and less of literally everyone else.

I would not recommend it unless you like "so bad they're good" kinda movies with friends. I would've turned it off if I was watching it alone.

They say that you can't polish a shite?

Advertisement