Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Question about Commercial Tax

Options
  • 18-02-2022 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm looking to buy a 2010 Land Rover Range Rover Sport TDV6 and was wondering if it's covered for the commercial tax? It has 5 seats but I did the DoneDeal Greenlight check and it says the car has only 2 seats. If I buy this and then go to get it taxed will I get hit with a massive tax bill? Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 624 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

Sounds like somebody pulled a swift one to get cheaper tax. I wouldn't like to get stopped at a checkpoint and have a Garda spot it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If it’s only been VRTd as a commercial then it’s nowhere near as valuable as one that’s paid the proper VRT plus a few grand in NoX tax that would be due on it as a passenger.

Run away from people like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭User1998

If its listed as a 2 seater then whoever VRT’d the car removed the rear seats to get cheap VRT and motor tax which is perfectly legal.

Since then the rear seats have been put back in, again this is completely legal as long as you pay the full VRT rate. This hasn’t been done otherwise it would be listed as a 5 seater.

You can still tax the car commercially but you are taking a chance with the VRT side of things, and also I would imagine your insurance will be null and void if you were to crash.

Advertisement