Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Petite Maman

• 22-11-2021 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,314 ✭✭✭✭

A quick search didn't throw up anything on this one.

The new Celine Sciamma film (she directed portrait of a lady on fire).

Saw in the lighthouse at the weekend went in totally blind. Which I would recommend, watching the trailer gives away too much imo.

An absolute little gem of a film, the central kids are brilliant, I found it deeply moving it packs a lot of lovely stuff into it's tiny 72 minutes.

Recommended!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,731 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Copy and pasted thoughts from the 'What have you watched recently' thread. Definitely in the top three films of the year I've seen (tied with the two Ryusuke Hamaguchi films), and one I can see myself revisiting regularly as it has the magnificent sort of 'warm, friendly hug' energy of something like My Neighbour Totoro.

in her follow-up to the transcendent Portrait of a Lady on Fire, Celine Sciamma continues to make her stake to greatest working filmmaker with this impossibly gorgeous little movie. It’s best to let its surprises unravel at the film’s own careful pace, but it’s the rare film that captures a very particular magic: a tale of childhood wonder, sadness and curiosity that actually feels more real and true thanks to matter-of-fact magical realism. It’s not even 75 minutes long, and yet it delivers in ways far beyond it modest running time and scope (what a joy to see Sciamma make her smallest-scale film after her largest-scale one). Just the loveliest film you’ll see in a cinema this year… or most other years for that matter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,731 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A heads up that this is on Mubi from midnight. Very possibly the best film released in the last year (IMO anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,314 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

A gem will definitely be researching totally agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭sporina

Watched it last week - have a Q about it.. such a pity IMDB no longer have a discussion board - really miss it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

There's another thread about it here, as well as some discussion about it in the Mubi thread.

• Advertisement

super thanks

did a search for it but nada came up - the search function is useless on here now - such a shame

Q is her "friend" was imaginary, how come her Dad could see her?

Advertisement