Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Bike conversion in Dublin?

Options
  • 12-10-2021 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, is there anywhere in Dublin that converts road bikes to electric. Im getting jealous watching every Deliveroo rider bomb past me with ease as I struggle up the hill on my way home each evening! Any recommendations and advice hugely appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭getoutadodge

i used nybike.ie. cost me 500 squids. Very happy with it. E bikes are a life saver. Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Al Wright

If you mean 'road bike' rather than a hybrid, you probably need the lightest conversion kit available, which is probably the Swytch kit,

https://www.swytchbike.com/

Order on-line, costs somewhere in region of 900 Euro, delivery in about 3 months and fit it yourself. I seen one last week and it looks neat.

If you have a strong hybrid bike, then there are conversions advertised on Done Deal, and kits available on-line from about Euro 500 up. A word of caution, many of the ads for kits at lower prices do not include batteries, also the battery capacity affects the price

Advertisement