Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Older Apartment Development: Can I find out how many are owned by the council / local authority?

Options
  • 16-02-2022 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

I was contacted today by the management company of my apartment to say they are going to retrofit our 1990's apartment block. This will involve a fee or increase in the annual charge. The management company rep said they won't know what the charge will be until the county council (LA) confirm payment on their units. I didn't know they owned any. Can I find out how many are owned by the council before or during the next AGM or is it none of my business?

Best Answer

• Registered Users Posts: 18,903 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The amount the LA pay for their units should have no impact on what you pay. The cost of the retrofit should be done on a per unit cost and not the LA pay X for their units and you pay Y for yours. It should be X for a 2 bed, Y for a 3 bed etc.

Don't talk to the Management Agent contact the directors of your Owners Management Company to get the details. This should be covered at your AGM so you need to ask how will the cost per unit be calculated.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

You could take a look at the census small area statistics

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hontou

Didn't tell me local enough info but thanks as interesting reading.

Advertisement