Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Structural Design Engineer

Options
  • 16-02-2022 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭

Hi there, not sure if this is the correct location to post this but I am looking for some help as I would be no expert in this field so I need some general advice. Basically my sister and her husband are planning on moving back to Ireland. He is american, 37 years old and a qualified structural engineer. He has been offered a job in Dublin in a construction consultancy working as a design engineer and the package is €55k + 10% bonus paid in December + 6% pension contributions. He asked me over the weekend would that be within the average for Ireland. Myself or none of my friends/family work in that kind of industry so I wouldn't have a clue so I am putting it out here for some feedback. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

thats an ok starting place. Feel free to private message the company name

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Thanks Byran. He is going through a recruiter and think he may have 3 different offers all in around the same. TBH I didn't ask for company names as they wouldn't mean much to me. He just though it was a bit low for someone with a professional qualification and 10+ years but maybe construction salaries in Ireland haven't fully recover yet since the recession.

Advertisement