Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 Coins - HBO Europe -

Options
  • 12-02-2022 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

Didn't see a thread for this Spanish language mystery/horror or have it on my radar until I saw a teaser trailer for it's second season.

Details

Wiki link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_Coins

Rotten Tomatoes has it at 91% critics, 79% audience and IMDB at 7.2/10

Decrisption

The RT description seems the most descriptive with the least spoilers:

Father Vergara, an exorcist, boxer and ex-convict exiled to a remote town in Spain, enlists the help of the mayor and a veterinarian when a series of paranormal phenomena begins to occur.

Trailer

Trailer for season 1 but it has spoilers for the first episode: 30 Coins: Official Trailer | HBO

Episode 1: I thought this would have some shocking scenes... and it did.. and then it kept going.. I'd say I must have WTF'd at least once or twice every five minutes!

So, based on that episode and the trailer..

Church versus Demons maybe?

Plus.. it could all be in the imagination is getting included.. so maybe mind control?

Terminator priest from the start looks like he might be a big player on the baddie side.. certainly from seeing him in the trailer in a cell with his mouth covered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2: Yikes! This show don't quit! I was looking through my fingers all like: 😲 please don't, please don't

but still.. she cut her own jaw open.. and then the stitches later! 😱

Anyway.. seems some side of the church are the baddies.. but again with the 'It's all your mind' thing

I'm sometimes finding the Spanish with subtitles hard to follow because they talk so fast, say so much and the subtitles have to move on... but I tried the english and .. ehhhhh.. not sure I want to listen to the english voiceovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Started watching this. It's SOOO good

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

3: The thing about this show is.. it's hard to follow with how much is packed into it and how fast it goes.

On the other hand, it means I can take a break for a few days/weeks/whatever and come back and be rest assured it's going to take things to a whole new level of bonkers, WTFs, terrors and mysteries within ten minutes!

Right, so..

mind control

mirror portals

undead.. eh.. maybe zombies.. maybe demons.. maybe zombie demons?

I think the biggest hic-cup I had with this one was at the start

when the dude started shooting in the middle of new york city and it got such a low-key reception

Advertisement