Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to call us number that cant accept international calls?

Options
  • 21-01-2022 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Father in Law in America can't accept international calls on his mobile. Does anyone know an app or service that could be used to contact him ? He uses a non smart flip phone and doesn't have email or facebook - not very up with tech LOL TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

WhatsApp.

His phone is likely so backward it can't even instal that. He needs to get a new phone really.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lordsheepface

Would something like Skype be an option for you? I've not tried it but it looks like it lets you get yurself a US Landline number. You could then use this via the Skype APP on your phone and I presume this will then mean he can accept your calls? https://secure.skype.com/en/skype-number/select/US

This way there would be nothing for him to do other than answer your call.

Bit of an awkward way around this and.. i hope you have a smartphone at least!

But anyway

1. download TextNow App on Google play or App Store. Get a local to your in laws mobile number through the app. (There’s a small fee on IOS may not be on android but it’s €6.99 a month on apple)
    2. once you have a phone number from textnow, get a VPN and set to US. Download Google voice and sign in.
    3. you’ll need to add a phone number, Google voice only works in the US & Canada so this is where text now comes in. Get the verification code.
    4. now you’ve setup Google voice with a U.S. phone number, you SHOULD be able to call your uncle, for free, with Google voice despite the flip phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 diddlium

Thanks for all the suggestions !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭Qrt

I've never heard of a phone doing that, but I'd hazard a guess and say it's some miscellaneous setting on the phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement