Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Center Parcs Experience

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Yea, thats fine. But any kind of criticism and you get that clueless lot defending it like they own it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭notAMember

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Unless you want to go to centre parcs and not have a foreign holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Craftylee

hi folks,

looking for your feedback on either an apartment or a lodge for 2 people staying. apartments seem really nice and modern, but I'm worried it won't feel like that "woodland" experience compared to a lodge with a wood burner etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I’d be of the opinion that I’d go with the smallest suitable and cheapest available. Which for you is probably the apartment, unless you’re bringing a baby then you might want the extra space to put them in a bedroom while you have a drink. Its expensive enough that I wouldn’t get something unnecessary as an extra, the apartments look lovely and look over the lake.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

What's the etc? The wood burner is nice I guess, though if you've an apartment you'd probably spend your evening with a glass of wine overlooking the lake. The "woodland experience" from the cabins can be mixed - the backs of them typically look out onto some amount of woodland, and a deer did sprint by us 1 evening (so fast I just caught a glimpse), but that's about it. IMO, go for the apartment unless you've kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

We have booked for 4 nights around Paddys day.

looking forward to it ...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Hi there. I’m sure this has been asked and answered somewhere in this thread already but can anyone tell me how much an adult and a child’s bicycle to rent is please? We’re going for four days in April.

thanks in advance.

Not positive on this as it’s been a while but think it was a bit less than 40 a bike, 38 is in my head that’s per bike. Be aware though that the booking for bikes looks odd whatever way they have it set up, the price kinda looks like that’s the price for day and the bike has to be picked up at a specific time, it’s for your stay and you can pick up at anytime.

not cheap but if you don’t have a bike or a bike carrier it what can you do. Although if you do have bikes it might be a similar price to buy a bike carrier which you might get to use again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭fits

We managed absolutely fine without bikes recently. Some lodges are very close to the village.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Look up ballymahon greenway cycles.

They're local & about half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Thanks for all the feedback and advice.

We have booked bikes here for ours, very reasonably priced and great to deal with (so far 🙂 )

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Although if you do have bikes it might be a similar price to buy a bike carrier which you might get to use again.

Thats what my BIL did, he said it was cheaper to buy a bike carrier for the car than to rent 3 bikes for 4 days. And they'll likely use it again for further trips to Centre Parks or greenways.

38 euro a day to rent a bike is fair wedge, especially when most are renting in 3s or 4s for multiple days. I think buying a bike carrier would always work out cheaper than that.

@Muahahaha the price is per stay for rental of bikes, so it’s 38 for 3 or 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,418 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

No it’s not, now it’s been a couple of years since I was there so I might be wrong on the price but I’m pretty sure it’s in that ball park. Still though if you were bringing 3/4 kids it’s another couple of hundred quid onto the price of a holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,418 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

2 adults and 2 kids. The trick now is to find a woman who'll go with me 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Just back and found it underwhelming.

It's good for people who don't really like the outdoors but want to experience it. It's all too artificial with manicured paths and no room for exploring. It's very strategic by CP by having you drop off your car at dar away car park. It's like you are stuck with overprice restaurants that don't display prices. Though less cars is nice for walking.Activities are twice price of other places and it's all about safety, not fun. The big aqua centre is good though and cause it's so expensive it's full of very civilised middle classes.

I'm glad I went but dont think I'll be returning. Some positives such as set in a carved out forest is lovely but feel it could be done somewhere else at less price with more excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭rodmn2377

we went in November and booked our bikes with John, really nice guy a lot cheaper but ya have to walk up to a gate outside the park to collect them. this was kinda awkward for us with a little girl with additional needs so we booked this time with centre parks for our stay in March. Its 38 euro to book the bike for your stay with centre parks. would recommend John and Greenway cycles if your happy enough to walk a bit to collect them.

• Advertisement

"cause it's so expensive it's full of very civilised middle classes."

Come on ...... 🙄

Maybe you should go camping in the mountains then , or join the Army for the wilder experience?

Anyone that goes knows its not set in a wild forest! Or , maybe just not you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,016 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Trabolgan is far from cheap but is full of people you'd rather not live next door to.

There is no future for Boards as long as it stays on the complete toss that is the Vanilla "platform", we've given those Canadian twats far more chances than they deserve.

i meant that its full of civilised middle classes as a positive thing. my point is that there is no-one making trouble. i never thought it was set in a wild forest. id say alot of boards readers come here as they dont what to expect if they book it so i was explaining what it is like. and although most boards posters can be very negative, i didnt mean that as a negative thing either. it is very safe. they got as far as to salting the paths during frost. which is a good thing

I apologise so if thats what you meant. I didnt read it that way....

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Can't say I ever thought the restaurants were overpriced. Though they were pretty reasonable TBH.

Car park is no more than 15-20 minutes of a walk if you need your car. Having been twice, we've never needed our car once we unpacked. They have to put the cars somewhere, and it's great the place is walk/bike focused without cars anywhere nearby.

yeah, okay, thats probably more a reflection of me and what i chose on the menu. fair point.

This day next week , we will be there..

We are looking forward to it.. .Hopefully the weather is kind :)

Firstly - could not fault the place.

Everything is the way it should be. The staff are excellent, park is excellent.

It is expensive, but in this case, you get exactly what you pay for!

As i said , i couldnt fault the place, would highly recommend it, and we will be back.

• Advertisement

Advertisement