Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ozark [Netflix] (***SPOILERS***)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

For a character thats supposed to be dead, Ben gets a lot of mentions!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

Ben was the standout of the whole series so far for me, tbh. That actor was incredible. He gave the show real heart and reminded the other characters how crazy and harmful this all is (despite being, himself, “the crazy one”).

Season 3 was great because of him, and S4 is now just on a par with 1&2. Enjoyable and very watchable, but not elevated to the top echelons of prestige TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Lads I watched S1 & 2 of this but then dropped out, found it a bit slow going. Does it pick up a lot in S3?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Finished it over the weekend, yeah the new episodes are good but overall it feels dragged with a part 2 of season 4 yet to come. 10 episodes for season 4 would of have been plenty to wrap everything up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

"I don't know sh*t about f*ck."

Watched the last few episodes last night and wondered how many times Ruth has said the F word throughout the 4 seasons.

I think I could easily rewatch all the episodes and try count the number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

I'm finding it a bit tedious by ep2 of the new season

I'm getting a bit wary of Netflix shows as they seem generally to be routine and lack originality

• Registered Users Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭jj880

It picks up half way through. Unfortunately with this carry on of splitting the final season of shows into 2 halfs there is more filler for sure.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Thought it was excellent myself but agree that finishing after part 2 would make sense. Darlene is one scary women with Wendy not far behind. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Any idea when second part drops?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Caught the first episode and my immediate reaction was sympathy for the private investigator who just waded into all that. I do wonder if there's more to him than he claims, but also how long he'll last, unaware of the wolves surrounding him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

Really enjoyed the first half of the new season. Finale was an excellent setup for the second and final piece of it all.

The script is lacking at times admittedly and the overall core is pretty stupid but by god do the actors really sell the whole thing. I genuinely am looking forward to the final chapter as much as I was with the final season of Breaking Bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭steve_r

Finished the first half of the season last night - it has its moments but I thought the story went a bit off the rails with all the dealmaking with the FBI - it looked like the Brydes were able to make and amend any sort of deal that they wanted and both Navarro and the FBI would go with it.

I did enjoy the performances of Darlene, Ruth, and Wyatt - could have watched more of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,003 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Just finished Part 1 of Season 4.

I agree with others who say the plot is getting a bit out there, but that's really no surprise.

Ruth and Wendy are two of the best characters I've seen in a long time.

God I hate Wendy.

As another poster said I think the PI might play a large part in Part 2.

When is Part 2 out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,003 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

One thing that I notice is a bit off is Zeke's age.

It's been a while since he was born, and a lot has happened, people like Charlotte and Jonah have really grow up.

But Zeke is still being carried around in a newborn's car seat.

He should at least be walking by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

So is the very first scene is 4.1 going to be the last scene in 4.14, Where they crash the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,110 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I don't think it'll be the very last scene, would feel anticlimactic (to me anyway). Maybe it'll cause issues with a deal betwen Navarro and FBI. Certainly will play a large part in the final episodes though

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

They've only grown because season 3 was filmed pre covid, in 2019....

The story is still based around the same couple of months.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah; technically very little time has passed between Seasons 3 and 4; it literally started with Marty & Wendy washing the blood of their clothes in Mexico. Charlotte doesn't look that different, but Jonah definitely went through a growth spurt. It's distracting all right but it happens - and not much can be done about CoVid forcing all those productions to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

It's been pretty entertaining (in a mindless sort of way). So nobody knows when it resumes?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I'd be thinking Autumn

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,110 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

For some reason I had second half August in my head, clearly nothing to back that up with though. Don't think there'll be an overlap with BCS, so likely be later

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭delboy85

Am late to the party on this. Only started watching it last week and am up to Season 2, Episode 4 as of today.

I think it's terrific. Hugely entertaining and fantastic performances all round.

According to Wikipedia, the second half of Season 4 will be released in May.

It's just a rumour but I read that the producers want to get part 2 out in time to be nominated for the Emmys so will need to release it by May 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,622 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Yeah it’s online that it’s due out in may

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

You must not have much patience, or not sure what you were expecting but I thought this season was well paced, never found myself getting bored watching it. Much as I loved Breaking Bad for example, I found some episodes of that very sluggish/dragged out

• Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I am struggling hard to get through this. Episode 5 and Wendy is a fvcking pain. Coercive and controlling behaviour all over and the family dynamic is all over the place.

Ruth is all that's holding this together

And don't get me started on the cartoon nonsense that is Darlene. No way she's not killed by anyone (everyone) seasons ago

• Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

It's back, tonight isn't it?

Advertisement