Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Census job interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

I would guess that they have extra people on the panel in case somebody turns down an offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Did everyone receive the same email about being placed on the panel and being notified within two weeks if there place has been reached?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MunsterM

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

I got the same email, placed on a panel and will find out in 2 weeks. Bit annoying cause I didn't know anything about the panel just presumed we would know one way or the other! Wondering if anyone got offered the job yet or just all on the panel??

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ballyerlas

Yes I think everyone is on the panel and they draw down until all the roles are filled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 SarahCampbell

Has anyone got an offer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭billyhead

I got the same email. Placed on a panel and will hear within 2 week's if offered a position. So for all of us on the panel it's no guarantee of receiving a job offer.

Yeah like the job is due to start in 2.5 weeks so was hoping to hear a few weeks in advance to prepare etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭checkcheek

Didn’t realise there was going to be a panel.

Pretty difficult to make plans now. Considering there is to be training the 28th/1st and 2nd.

Didnt they also open up again only recently so assumed they didn’t have a big response first time around.

Think they will be calling a lot on the panels. As I’m sure a lot drop out. Don’t start etc. not like it’s a well paid position to begin with.

There's also the fact that contracts, official secrecy act forms etc would have to be signed and send back in advance of acceptance of an offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Producer Ben

I did an interview, got the panel email yesterday and have a missed call from the local officer just now. Having read this post it's turned me off accepting (assuming that is what she was ringing me for). I work full time 40hrs a week with 20 days holidays a year. I don't think giving 4 days holidays to this is something i want to do.

Got a call an hour ago to say I got the job! Happy with that now

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^

good for you, now buy a good pair of walking shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

I've just been offered one of the positions, area offered is very handy for me so I'm taking it ...

Yes same! Close to my house, nicr estates and no apartments, feel like I got a good section. Congrats to you

Thank you! Could do with losing weight so the walking will be good for me lol

Did everyone receive a call last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Anniesland

I didn't. I'd say I'm not in line for first round of offers

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Orlsheen

I didn't - thats a pity :(

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭checkcheek

Calls going again today. Just got word there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Orlsheen

Well fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ballyerlas

Just got a call now they are ringing a lot today so keep your phone on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Yep got a call earlier :-)

What are the training days for this?

Someone mentioned in this thread Feb 28th and March 1st and 2nd. Did anyone receive the electronic forms containing the contract etc.

Thanks, and does anyone know how the pay works, is it weekly or in one amount?

I think last time around you get paid in batches with a final lump sum payment when you collect all the forms. I can't recall it being a weekly payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i suppose they don't want people quitting midway through

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭rx8

Had a call on Friday, but it went to voice-mail. Phoned again this afternoon and was offered a position. All around my own area, so should be handy enough.

Got the acceptance forms a short while later in an email, and submitted all the details on the website. First training day is on Zoom, and days 2 and 3 will be face-to-face. 2-3 hours in the mornings on March 1st and 2nd. Looking forward to it...

• Advertisement

Oh I wonder if the training is for same for everyone? I was told training 28th 1st and 2nd and it will be about 4 hours each day and will be on in the evenings! Just presumed it was online. Wonder where it will be held if its in person.

Advertisement