Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Considering buying an 08 Focus 1.6D

Options
  • 10-02-2022 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

Need a bit of guidance here lads, first car for a youngfella.

As per title, we are going to look at Ford Focus 1.6D over the weekend, the price tag is €2k and the car has 150,000km on the clock.

Bodywork is good, one or two small dents or scratches and is NCT'd till November. Owner is friend of a friend and moving to a newer car.

Would this be a good buy and what should we be watching out for ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Those 1.6 diesel engines of that vintage are very sensitive to on the button servicing. They don't take neglect or missed servicing at all. Personally I think buying a 14 year old one is very chancery.

I'd rather spend my money on something like this:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They’re a ball, I’d sooner buy an i30, Ceed or Megane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Thanks for the comments lads, we have decided to leave the focus go.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Kiwi John

My 08 focus 1.6D has just come up to 400,000 and still going well.

Advertisement