Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power BI Query

Options
  • 23-11-2018 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hey,

I am wondering does anyone use Power BI for creating reports etc.

I am having difficulty at the moment with a Bar chart where a new column of data has been entered in the source excel document.

When I try to add this information to the existing chart to update - the data values default to "Count" and I cannot see any option to change them to " Sum"

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

In the panel to the right, where you dragged the column into the fields, you can change the aggregation from COUNT TO SUM. It's the small arrow on the field name.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,353 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Completely off-topic but can't find best location - Is there anybody here that has experience in PowerBI (or know someone that does) that could help out with what I'd assume would be a small project for someone that knows it well?

It's basically a need for reports to automatically create when I export a CSV (it's for Match/Player Reports for Sports)

EDIT: Also open to the same for Tableau so long as the reports can be exported as PDF from it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

PM me some details, I use PowerBI and have a DA100 so might be able to help you

• Registered Users Posts: 14,353 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Advertisement