Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Yaris Hybrid Tyres

Options
  • 08-02-2022 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭

Hi..My car was in for a service last week and the mechanic said the tires will need to be changed before the next NCT as there are cracks appearing between the threads and something about the date on the tyres. He said there are tyres that can reduce road noise and maybe I should try and get them as it is a bit noisy when driving. Is there tyres that reduce road noise and what tyre should I be looking out for? The tyres are 175/65/R15. I do very little mileage as its a 172 car with 15.5K on the clock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Do you trust your mechanic? Could you post a picture or two of these cracks?

You only get an advisory in the NCT if your tyres are over 6 years old. 15,500 km is low, the tyres should be fine.

Best advice is not to spend needlessly before the NCT. Have the car tested as it is, chances are the tyres will not be an issue.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Miscreant

As above, the tyres may pass the NCT and be fine.

If you do need to change them, I would recommend Michelin Primacy 4 as a replacement. I have had them on my previous hybrid Toyota and current plug in and they are very quiet while not affecting the fuel economy.

Advertisement