Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Own brand milk has recently increased to exactly to the cent €1.69 for 2 litres in the big 5, how is that possible when each would have different creamary, packaging, marketing and distribution costs, smells like a cartel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭crossman47

We need some cop on. Inflation is running at 5%. Its not scary territory - not yet anyway. I lived through the years of 20+ %.

M

Fuel inflation is around 30-40%, majority of that is taken by the government in taxes which could be reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,267 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I'm a bit bemused here.. we're not in the midst of a currency collapse.. if heating bills are blowing the household budget, the household budget was clearly not much to begin with. Doesn't seem like much was needed to sink such budgets..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Maybe not for you but plenty of us are feeling it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

How did the 90 quid become 6k?

M

Pre-pay electricity is more expensive than bill pay.

M

In May with the carbon tax increases it will be more again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Shower of bloody moaners on tonight. The visual equivalent of Liveline

• Advertisement
    M

Global warming would sort out a lot of the cold in these winter nights.

M

Give the people butter briquette vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭sully123

I thought so too, thought it was way more. The modern equivalent of 50p in the meter

M

The UK has LNG gas coming in from UAE and US in tankers, sadly we didn't build a terminal for it as permission was refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SpecialAunt

Moan away. People in Ireland are being ripped off left right and centre and no-one seems to call it out. Meanwhile our politicians got how many pay raises to pay for this inflation during the pandemic? Of course they dont have issues to pay higher prices but a lot of people do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭sully123

I think yer man Fleming probably meant to seem helpful with his comments. But he was hardly elected to give people advice on household budgeting. We have people on morning television to do that

M

Less cars being scraped is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

The proper suv is in big demand. The two tonne hen towing machine.

Burning rubber like

M

Buy a ditchfinder brand of tyres to save money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

A lesbian mechanic from Cork like.

M

Some people don't know how to put petrol in to their car, this will go way over their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭Deeec

They should have had an interpreter with her. ( Only joking)

A waste of time having her in - they should of at least had her demo how to check the oil and water on the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So what if she is? It's none of your business. For all you know she could be straight or bisexual. That's for her alone to know and whoever she dates.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

M

Nothing will be done. If he was to put the footage on social media of him being physically attacked he would be the one being locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Woman on complaining she can't heat her house then they start talking about inflation on 30k BMWs, rte are just trolling people now

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I feel sorry for Pauline Tully and it's never acceptable to do anything even close to that to any person and maybe she was in a difficult place at the time but I can't wrap my head around how you could marry somebody who killed Gerry McCabe!

Are they though? Lots of couples with their 201 Kia suv outside the door to keep up with the Jones’s and not a pot to p1ss in.

All fur coat and no underwear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,923 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Had to look back to see if was as ludicrous as was being pointed out on the Thread, OMG, it was, I couldn't go beyond the inflation supermarket segment, it was Hillarious, it reminded me of the generation game, all that was missing was Brucie Points 😂

Just dreadful, is there no one , anyone in RTE that understands how embarrassing and utterly Ludicrous these mock ups are 😳

Post edited by Dempo1 on

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement